How Green Day looks

crazygdfan

ok they look old but they still look good I think they look great now and then I think they should keep on going to being there odd selves

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D I dont think it matters how they look, its how they perform, and they still look sexy, especially Billie, and they are only in their 30's. :wub:

Of course they look older - how freaky would it be if they didn't? I look at them now, and I see at the one time the boys they were, and the men they are, and I can't think of anything more impressive or moving than these three guys who have stayed the course.

It all crystallized for me when they performed Christie Road on Comp'd; to see them playing this special song with all of their hearts and souls, and to hear Billie sing about 'the strains of being lonely' connecting directly

with the scrawny boy standing on the roof of his car, looking down the train tracks of a godforsaken suburb, and hoping that his destiny would wait long enough for him to get out there and get it, brought tears to my eyes.

That's a journey, and some journeys are measured in more than miles. They take a toll on the spirit, they wear a few lines in the skin - joy, sorrow, late nights, smoking, whatever novacaine it took over the years, time on the road to bring the music to everyone, all the work, the relationship ups-and-downs, going from being kids to being parents. It's called, a life. If you love a person, you love every one of those lines because they're battle-scars carried by warriors.

Real fans aren't about their looks - we're happy as long as they're in one piece, out of jail, reasonably on the wagon, and still full of swears, swagger and in such a conservative world, still capable of freaking out the 'moral' majority. And most of all, that after four years of silence, they're back making fucking great music again. :)

well, as we all know, a band is no good at all unless they look outstanding and flawless!!!

who cares about how they look

i wondered the same but then i saw how many replies this thread got ...turns out a lot of people do care :/

they look older sure, but not really older than their age, not to me anyway. Of course I am the same age they are...I have friends around this same age and some still look 25 and others look 40. This is an age where lots of people look 10 years older or younger then their true age. Which is an okay thing about being in your 30's. They could all look like Jaba and I would still be enthralled by their music.

they don't have to work hard to write good music. they are born naturals.

How do you know that they don't have to work hard to write good music?? I'm quite sure Billie Joe would disagree with your inane statement. It takes hard work to do anything well, including writing good songs on a consistent basis. :blink:

I think the only one who looks like he has "aged" is Mike. The freaky thing is my mom though BJ was like 16 untill i told that he was 34!! :blink:

About the writing hard to have great music thing, what i mean is that every single song from them i like. there is not one that i hate. There is not too many bands that i can say i like every song.

Sure they work hard. But because of the fact that they are "naturals at it". it does not look like you agree to that one, it means they will be around for along time. it's too hard to explain and i shouldn't have to.

Physically, the guys have aged a bit; mentally, they really haven't. xD

I think they have definitely improved with age and are aging quite gracefully. Very youthful, indeed.

like 3 years ago green day was like this band i kinda liked. i mean i knew their music and what they looked like but i wasnt really into them that much. i thought billie was like in his mid-twenties. and then i was like woah. hes 31.

As long as they aren't dead I don't care. Hell, they could be dead, and if they made their next CD I'd still be happy.

As long as they aren't dead I don't care. Hell, they could be dead, and if they made their next CD I'd still be happy.

their makeup would be even heavier then. may not be as fun of a live show though

uhhh... mike doesnt look 40.... and whats your point? :/

My mom says he does.

My mom says he does.

Yeah, well my Mom told my babies came from storks. Don't believe everything your parents tell you.

[/sarcasm]

My mom says he does.

I think because Billie looks like he is 12, it makes Mike look like he is older than he really is. Even though Mike looks the appropriate for a 33 year old.

Archived