annie

Panic! At the Disco

Panic At The Disco  

592 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Panic At The Disco?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

Although it saddens me that Spencer is leaving the band, I'm just happy that he's doing so well on his sobriety! I'm really happy for him, and it looks like he left on good terms, judging by Brendon's tweet. Hopefully he'll do a solo career or something in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoe9ST8gQhQ

Love the new song. Very catchy.

I’ve been using Panic! At The Disco as a creative catalyst for over 10 years now. That fact seems so bizarre and yet so fitting. It’s such a part of me that I can’t picture what my life would’ve been like without this amazing journey so far.

Brendon Urie reflects on tenth anniversary of Panic! At The Disco’s ‘A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out’

Making “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” was the album of “firsts” for me. First time I played a real part in a band. First time I lived away from home for longer than a few days. First time in a recording studio. First time writing and recording a full album. First time being the singer of a band.

Even after 10 years, it doesn’t seem so far away. The memories I associate with that time don’t seem so distant. I remember the bed I slept in. The smell of the instruments in the studio. The anxiety that nearly incapacitated me throughout the recording process. The hole in the apartment wall about the size of my foot.

Thinking of it all, I just want to say thank you. Thank you all for letting me do what I do. For letting me take you on this weird, wild trip with me. And so here’s to you and to 10 years of a fever I may never be able to sweat out. And I hope I never do.

Brendon Urie
Panic! At The Disco

http://www.panicatthedisco.com/

Maybe it's fate or something, but I got into them two days after Death of a Bachelor came out. :P I was watching the 'Teens react to P!ATD' video on Youtube, and decided to check out more of their work. I already had Memories, and was that 'casual observer' fan, and now I really really like them, and spent the last of my earnings on Death of a Bachelor and Too Weird to Live, Too Weird to Die, and they're goldeeeennnnn :lol: 

• Like 1

My body is ready to see them live, finally. 

• Like 2

Just stopping by to tell you guys that Pretty.Odd. has to be one of the best albums ever put out. It's probably my 2nd favorite album ever (or first).

• Like 3

On 2/13/2016 at 3:16 PM, Grinch said:

Just stopping by to tell you guys that Pretty.Odd. has to be one of the best albums ever put out. It's probably my 2nd favorite album ever (or first).

Northern Downpour on that album is :wub:

• Like 1

Just nabbed a ticket for them in a few weeks, i'm so excited :D I thought I wouldn't need/want to see them again after Slam Dunk festival but they were amazing there. 

Also Death of a Bachelor is such a great album :thumbsup:

• Like 2

This is great :lol:

Apparently the first time I posted on here was to rag on PATD, like a classic asshole. It's now 8 years later and I've seen 'em live twice in the last year. I do really enjoy Death of a Bachelor as a whole album. It's a consistently solid album and one that I can put on repeat without skipping a single song. It's fucking awesome. Seriously, I'm really into Panic's last 3 albums. Just wanted to come back here and say this (after not logging in for 8 years).

10 hours ago, nothing234 said:

Apparently the first time I posted on here was to rag on PATD, like a classic asshole. It's now 8 years later and I've seen 'em live twice in the last year. I do really enjoy Death of a Bachelor as a whole album. It's a consistently solid album and one that I can put on repeat without skipping a single song. It's fucking awesome. Seriously, I'm really into Panic's last 3 albums. Just wanted to come back here and say this (after not logging in for 8 years).

Death of a Bachelor is truly an amazing album. I wasn't a fan of Too Weird To Live, Too Weird To Die and I admit I was afraid of the direction the band was going...but Death of a Bachelor proved all of my worries wrong. Hobestly there is not a single bad track on that album. It's incredible! It's probably tied with Vices & Virtues for favorite album.

I've been trying to get into Panic for at least 10 years but never saw the fuss. I think I now finally see the fuss. We've been covering Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time in my band and it's the most fun song ever to play, and that whole album is genius. Still struggling with the older stuff though, I must admit.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I've been trying to get into Panic for at least 10 years but never saw the fuss. I think I now finally see the fuss. We've been covering Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time in my band and it's the most fun song ever to play, and that whole album is genius. Still struggling with the older stuff though, I must admit.

That's easily my favorite song off of the album. I can't relate to the song one bit, but damn, it has a good groove and is catchy as hell. :lol:

Their old stuff is a hit or miss in my opinion. Fever is an amazingly confident debut album, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it's all over the place musically. And it even took me a while to like most of the songs off of Pretty. Odd.

12 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm the same tbh. I really liked death of a bachelor, and too weird to live as well. But I just can't get into anything before that. Most people I talk to are the opposite 

What gets me about Panic is the insane hype around them in later years. Yeah they were pretty popular with the first album, which is my fave, but I feel like for the past 2 years I've been seeing massive dedicated fans and them getting like MCR status with the fandom. Being someone who pretty much only likes their first album, it surprised me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

What gets me about Panic is the insane hype around them in later years. Yeah they were pretty popular with the first album, which is my fave, but I feel like for the past 2 years I've been seeing massive dedicated fans and them getting like MCR status with the fandom. Being someone who pretty much only likes their first album, it surprised me. 

Urie is still the voice of old Panic, no matter how smug his face is, he is all that remains of many peoples favorite band from their teenage years 

20 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

Urie is still the voice of old Panic, no matter how smug his face is, he is all that remains of many peoples favorite band from their teenage years 

Yeah I know he's still in Panic and it's pretty much him. I just don't find their later stuff that interesting aside from a few songs.

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Yeah I know he's still in Panic and it's pretty much him. I just don't find their later stuff that interesting aside from a few songs.

It's not quite the same as it used to be. I miss the full band a lot. Ryan Ross wrote some awesome lyrics. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

It's not quite the same as it used to be. I miss the full band a lot. Ryan Ross wrote some awesome lyrics. 

Yeah, I feel the same. I tried so hard to like their second album and even Death of a Bachelor, but eh. Like you said, it's not the same. 

• Like 1