Ben Myer's "Green Day"

tju

I'm reading this book right now in the German translation. I'm not quite sure but I think I saw some mistakes there:

1. He wrote that Billie Joe recorded a song called Looking for Love at the age of 5. Shouldn't it be Look for Love?

2. It says that Adrienne's maiden name was Nestor

My question: This is wrong, right? And are these mistakes in the original version also?

Thanks, and sorry if there was already a thread about it.

tju

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Phoebe.

Well if it's a German translation, then maybe not all of the words are going to be translated exactly, but translated litterally as some translations are.

"I am not a big fan of GD"

"I am not a large ventilator some GD"

Well if it's a German translation, then maybe not all of the words are going to be translated exactly, but translated litterally as some translations are.

"I am not a big fan of GD"

"I am not a large ventilator some GD"

Well, but those are names. Name of a person and a name of a song. There is nothing to translate. I'm just curious if it's a mistake of the author or the translator.

tju

I'm pretty sure the mistakes are in the English version too, or at least the Adrienne one is.

Guest Phoebe.

I'm not sure anyone can answer your question, some might not own the book to check, and then those who do might not be bothered to check for you. We're all lazy bastards here, dontcha know.

Yes - those were both mistakes in the book. I know because i get angry over grammar and spelling mistakes and noticed them..... hey, i'm quirky.... :/

Good thread :D

could you at least tell us the page of the mistake, i can't look through everything :rolleyes:

I mean the pages are the same as the english version right?

sorry, i know i doubt they are.

It sounds like it was just poor proof-reading to me.

It happens all the time, I don't see any importance here at all.

both those mistakes are in the original. I think you will find mistakes in every book, either mistakes made by the author or by the typesetters or whatever you call them these days. I think the Alex Hanniford book is way worse for the simplest of mistakes - the simple spelling of Billies name which is usually got wrong by so many "teenies". to spell the poor sods name Billy and Billie on the same damn page shows that the author didnt care, the typesetter didnt care and neither did the proof reader! just proves to me that they were only interested in making money, not actually interested in the band.

...Is it honestly that important? He got the rest of it right!

Seriously, just doesnt matter.

I think the Alex Hanniford book is way worse for the simplest of mistakes - the simple spelling of Billies name which is usually got wrong by so many "teenies". to spell the poor sods name Billy and Billie on the same damn page shows that the author didnt care, the typesetter didnt care and neither did the proof reader!

that book is so funny! Did anybody even bother to check it!? :lol:

I like the book

I think it is a fault of the translation but i can't be bothered to check.

If they did it online then those sites translate literally

...Is it honestly that important? He got the rest of it right!

Seriously, just doesnt matter.

I'm realy sorry to bother you. I clearly declared that this is a topic for those who have read the book. So those who read it and mentioned the same things answerd. Thanks a lot to you.

The other who just post to get some extra posts on their list: Just keep your wise answers for yourself.

It realy makes me mad. Those teenie threads "new hair" or "new tattoo" get a hundred of replies and if someone asks quite an interesting question you get offended. It's a pity, I think.

Thanks to those who checked or took my question serious.

tju

I have that book. And I don`t remember reading anything wrong in it. :/

Lmao. I have read the book ta.

And I thought it was really accurate, and those were pretty much the only 2 mistakes I noticed.

So I think it's kinda unnecessary to create a thread about a book, where everything was clearly well researched apart from those two bits.

Lmao. I have read the book ta.

And I thought it was really accurate, and those were pretty much the only 2 mistakes I noticed.

So I think it's kinda unnecessary to create a thread about a book, where everything was clearly well researched apart from those two bits.

It's not like I said this book was bad researched or cram-full of mistakes or anything like this. Last time: I just wanted to know if these are mistakes by the author or the translator.

I don't have the book right next to me... But it's pretty accurate as far as I know aside from a few spelling errors.

Words are going to be weird because German sentences are ordered differently. I leanred the stupid way :gonk:

But no I don't have it, I would like to.

Archived