Nice for Green Day and the Foo Fighters

Parley

GREEN DAY + FOO FIGHTERS CLAIM TOP ESKYS

GREEN DAY, FOO FIGHTERS and PEARL JAM are among the big winners of the annual US Esquire magazine ESKY Awards for Musical Achievement. Green Day claimed the Best Band prize, while Foo Fighters stars DAVE GROHL and TAYLOR HAWKINS picked up the Best Entertainer and Best Drummer honours. Pearl Jam took home the Best Live Act award. Other winners include BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG (Best Frontman), FIONA APPLE (Best Songbird), JAMES BLUNT (Favourite Rookie), RAY LAMONTAGNE (Best Voice), THE EDGE (Best Guitarist) and Jewish reggae sensation MATISYAHU (Most Lovable Oddball). Meanwhile, NEIL DIAMOND and THE PRETENDERS were honoured with Hall of Fame awards.

23/03/2006 21:29

contactmusic.com

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow...taylor got the best drummer award? i disagree with that one.

but yay neil diamond!

Woo. Congrats to them.. It seems like Green Day is constantly winning awards even though they have concluded the AI era. But still, that's a great achievement.

^ i agree Whatshername.x :thumbsup:

Congrats to All the winners :) but taylor 4 best drummer?...plz that should go to travis barker or tre :rolleyes: i think green day will begin to live in the AI shadow as what happened with dookie.But if their next album is greater than hello more awards

i think green day will begin to live in the AI shadow as what happened with dookie.But if their next album is greater than hello more awards

i don't think it's going to be hard to make an album better than AI. it's so overrated.

Not suprising when they get awards anymore since you know they will get one anyway.

they deserve i. at least taylor won it for drumming and not for singing

i didnt know that taylor sings, i thought it was dave that sung,

Talor was the drummer

Did Foo's even win an award for their latest album? Because I think Green Day won them all.

Guest Quietus

i don't think it's going to be hard to make an album better than AI. it's so overrated.

But the mainstream doesn't think so, so what's 'better' to us may be shit to them, which equals no awards. Not that it matters, just a thought.

I've seen Pearl Jam and while they are great live, I don't think they are better than Green Day. They have barely been on tour for the last few years. It's a little insulting too for Billie to be the best frontman but the band not to be the best live, it demeans Tre and Mike.

I've seen Pearl Jam and while they are great live, I don't think they are better than Green Day. They have barely been on tour for the last few years. It's a little insulting too for Billie to be the best frontman but the band not to be the best live, it demeans Tre and Mike.

But they did win Best Band, so they are being recognized, too.

I wonder how Matisyahu feels about winning "Most Loveable Oddball." I'm not sure how much of a compliment that is. :unsure:

Have you seen him? He must be expecting it, I think he cultivates the oddball image as his "thing".

Have you seen him? He must be expecting it, I think he cultivates the oddball image as his "thing".

I have seen him. At this point, he's probably thrilled to be getting recognized for anything. :lol:

a) awards are given for hype, not for merit

b) pearl jam is the best live mainstream act on the planet (assuming radiohead isn't classified as mainstream). i don't listen to them a whole lot, but their concerts are undeniable. extremely long sets, unchoreographed and spontaneous, different setlists for each show, etc.

a) awards are given for hype, not for merit

b) pearl jam is the best live mainstream act on the planet (assuming radiohead isn't classified as mainstream). i don't listen to them a whole lot, but their concerts are undeniable. extremely long sets, unchoreographed and spontaneous, different setlists for each show, etc.

bit off topic, but what the hell. I was thinking of buying tickets to the radiohead concert, and I can assume you recommend me going, reading your post?

bit off topic, but what the hell. I was thinking of buying tickets to the radiohead concert, and I can assume you recommend me going, reading your post?

well, are you a fan of radiohead to begin with? they're commonly regarded as one of the best live acts in the world and all the live material i've heard from them has been really good. if you're fan, you should go. they'll probably be playing their new material which hasn't been heard yet though.

well, are you a fan of radiohead to begin with? they're commonly regarded as one of the best live acts in the world and all the live material i've heard from them has been really good. if you're fan, you should go. they'll probably be playing their new material which hasn't been heard yet though.

I am a fan, previous years it faded away a bit, but the last couple of months i started listening again. And since I never seen them live I'm curious to go. The tickets are kinda expensive, but listening to the stories it should be worth it.

what kind of stuff are you into by them? if you're into their earlier brit-pop stuff, they might not play too much of that. if you're into their kid a/amnesiac/httt stuff, then definitely go.

Archived