Wear Green Day

WWJOSD?

thats exactly what my mum would do. becasue she's random spontaneous nad annoying all at the same time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww. Just a few weeks ago I went into Hot Topic and I picked out the green "Kiss me I'm punk" shirt, and my mother said, "Absolutely not! I don't like the message it sends!" Boo hoo. I was devistated. :(

Anyway, I wore a green Green Day shirt today for St. Patrick's day. So I did two-in-one!! :happy:

P.S. This is my 100th post! Yippee! Yay! My noob-ism is finally over! I hope...

I went to an Irish pub last night for St Patrick's day and I wore a Green Day shirt in an atempt to be ironic, and no one got it! Although there was this one guy dressed as a leprachaun who understood, but I don't know if I can trust his judgement.

whats this hot topic shop that everyone is crapping on about??

It's a store where posers shop :wink:

i wore my green day shirt today :happy:

and no one was wearing green today...so i had alotta fun :shifty:

hmmm.

i still think it's stupid that you're all going to turn st patrick's day into a celebration of an american thing. :dry:

but i will stop saying that now cos if you haven't got my point by now then i give up.

Sweetie, you should've given up last night, because you have no point.

It's not just an Irish "thing" or an American "thing"; it's a Catholic "thing" which happens to be associated with Ireland, because St. Patrick was the patron of Ireland. If he was the patron of Mexico, we'd all be smashing pinatas and doing tequila shots today instead.

Just stop, pull your head out of your teenie ass, and think for a minute about the name of the holiday: Saint Patrick's Day. The day of Saint Patrick. NOT the fucking day of Ireland or Irish bands. It's a religious holiday. Americans celebrate it one way, Irish celebrate another, and yes, even Austrailians celebrate it differently. My POINT: don't rag on me for having a fucking sense of humor, or anyone else for celebrating it differently from you, because you're not exactly doing the holiday justice either...

Sweetie, you should've given up last night, because you have no point.

It's not just an Irish "thing" or an American "thing"; it's a Catholic "thing" which happens to be associated with Ireland, because St. Patrick was the patron of Ireland. If he was the patron of Mexico, we'd all be smashing pinatas and doing tequila shots today instead.

Just stop, pull your head out of your teenie ass, and think for a minute about the name of the holiday: Saint Patrick's Day. The day of Saint Patrick. NOT the fucking day of Ireland or Irish bands. It's a religious holiday. Americans celebrate it one way, Irish celebrate another, and yes, even Austrailians celebrate it differently. My POINT: don't rag on me for having a fucking sense of humor, or anyone else for celebrating it differently from you, because you're not exactly doing the holiday justice either...

fuck that.

i'm not religious. religion is a load of crap.

and i don't think you're sense of humor is really all that great cos what's so fucking hilarious about wearing a green day shirt on st patricks day? and why did you make a thread about it, explaining your 'genius' to everyone on here?

i don't really celebrate holidays but st patricks day is my favorite NOT cos of the religious aspect but because of the WAY people here celebrate it....by getting blind ass drunk and singing loudly...and putting 3 leaf clovers in their windows. so that's why i like it. obviously that's not 'doing the holiday justice' though and i'm sorry that i'm not up to your standards. :dry:

seriously. think about what you wrote...do you actually celebrate JESUS on christmas? no. you celebrate the whole mood of the thing and whether you'll admit it or not the present giving and receiving. and it's the same with every fucking holiday.

on easter, is anyone thinking about the resurrection of christ? maybe you are...

Lol..yeah..two of my friends and I all wore Green Day shirts. Not all on purpose but when we saw each other in the morning we were all wearing a Green Day shirt. Well, actually mine was just my black hoodie, but...yeah...

Awww. Just a few weeks ago I went into Hot Topic and I picked out the green "Kiss me I'm punk" shirt, and my mother said, "Absolutely not! I don't like the message it sends!" Boo hoo. I was devistated. :(

Anyway, I wore a green Green Day shirt today for St. Patrick's day. So I did two-in-one!! :happy:

P.S. This is my 100th post! Yippee! Yay! My noob-ism is finally over! I hope...

welcome to paradise

a newbie with 100 posts still newbie...i read in somewhere

anyways ur more far away from a real newbie...

congrats¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :thumbsup:

fuck that.

i'm not religious. religion is a load of crap.

and i don't think you're sense of humor is really all that great cos what's so fucking hilarious about wearing a green day shirt on st patricks day? and why did you make a thread about it, explaining your 'genius' to everyone on here?

i don't really celebrate holidays but st patricks day is my favorite NOT cos of the religious aspect but because of the WAY people here celebrate it....by getting blind ass drunk and singing loudly...and putting 3 leaf clovers in their windows. so that's why i like it. obviously that's not 'doing the holiday justice' though and i'm sorry that i'm not up to your standards. :dry:

seriously. think about what you wrote...do you actually celebrate JESUS on christmas? no. you celebrate the whole mood of the thing and whether you'll admit it or not the present giving and receiving. and it's the same with every fucking holiday.

on easter, is anyone thinking about the resurrection of christ? maybe you are...

BTW, try rereading the first post if you're having any trouble understanding the humor of the situation. Still confused, here's a fucking breakdown. I'll try to use small and simple words for you:

1. Middle school uses term "Wear Green Day" as a politically correct name for "St. Patrick's Day"

2. I make joke to my mother that she should wear "Green Day" on "'Wear Green' Day".

3. Mother takes smart alec comment seriously, and buys a green "Green Day" shirt, and wears said shirt on "Wear Green Day".

BTW, try rereading the first post if you're having any trouble understanding the humor of the situation. Still confused, here's a fucking breakdown. I'll try to use small and simple words for you:

1. Middle school uses term "Wear Green Day" as a politically correct name for "St. Patrick's Day"

2. I make joke to my mother that she should wear "Green Day" on "'Wear Green' Day".

3. Mother takes smart alec comment seriously, and buys a green "Green Day" shirt, and wears said shirt on "Wear Green Day".

i got it the first time. don't get mad at me for not laughing.

but i will admit your mum sounds fairly cool.

can't understand what i'm saying? sorry, i'll patronise you some more.

can't understand what i'm saying? sorry, i'll patronise you some more.

You'll patronise me some MORE??? That implies that you were initially patronising me to begin with...

You'll patronise me some MORE??? That implies that you were initially patronising me to begin with...

no....i meant you were patronising me by talking in 'simple words'. but forget it.

no....i meant you were patronising me by talking in 'simple words'. but forget it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We seem to be the only jackasses posting in here now. I wonder how much longer until it gets closed...

well st patricks day was...3 days ago? what day is it? fuck it's right here at the bottom of my screen. the 20th hey. god you're right i am a jackass.

Archived