Green Day in Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

rockon99

Green Day in R&RHOF  

349 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they will get in, and good ol Johnny Rotten will be waiting for them right around the corner, he'll be like 100, just to say them they are plonk because they got in hall of shame. can't wait!

you mean they brought musicianship back into pop-punk.

Uhh, yeah maybe... I'm not really good with labels but I just couldn't think of a mainstream band that was considered pop-punk being such musicians... I just meant that, from what Billie Joe says, they're musicians before anything else, which is a good thing when you make music.

No doubt at all. Their impact is rare and universal...they'll go down along with the other greats in music's history.

lets just put it this way:

if they don't....you can bet there'd be fights breaking out and probably some people would die.

so they'll get in.

• 4 weeks later...

no you can't be in it until 25 years after you release your first record and since their first one was 39 smooth in 91 2015 is the first eligablity

I really dont mean to be a smart-ass, but their first VINYL was released in 1989. Their first album was 39/smooth, but the vinyls count too.

There's no way a band that has made such an impact on pop. culture like Green Day would not make it into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Enough said.

Oh, yeah; if they're not rock and roll, I don't know who is. Wouldn't they just love it too?

Hey, rockon 99, your sig - the guy in the middle is Gandalf, right?! :)

Edit: Just to save me spamming further down in this topic - I know it's John Kerry, guys.

well the ramones got in and there punk so green day must eligable

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i think they will make in the rock and roll hall of fame one day

Of course Green Day will be inducted, they've been a revolutionary band for two generations and they've made punk popular.

Hmm, 2016...that will make them all basically 44 years old.

That's how old my parents are. Hah.

But anyway, I definitely think they'll make it. Hopefully I'll remember who Green Day is when I'm 26. :lol:

Maybe my faith will carry them through...

No seriously. They've done what nobody expected them capable of. They made millions off making beautiful sound come out of my computer. They've conquered the world and I think that should be recongnised

Archived