Green Day in Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

rockon99

Green Day in R&RHOF  

349 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theyll probly be in it someday if they dont break up early. unless they start making very pop-driven records theyll probly be in it. they were being forgotten, but after american idiot itll take a really long time for people to forget about em. i think 10 years from now theyll be looked at like nirvana is now.

i rekon they'll make it. thyve got like nine great albums, they just keep getting better, and they have pure talent

yup, they SHOULD make it someday . . . hell, if they dont im gonna be shocked!!!!

Nah, its ok everyone saying "yes!" but for fucks sake, thats all the 12 year old, who barley know a song from kerplunk.

Nah, its ok everyone saying "yes!" but for fucks sake, thats all the 12 year old, who barley know a song from kerplunk.

hey I said yes and I know all the old stuff. I have been listening to them for 12 years. Like Nirvana changed the face of music in the very early 90's, Green Day did the same thing. Yes needless bad copy cats were invented. But that is the sort of thing that gets you into the hall of fame. Not only that their continued success, their ability to evolve and remain topical. They have held my rapt attention since I heard Longview on MTV when I was 21 years old.

No doubt that they deserve to be in there - there are very few bands of the last twenty years that have been as consistently good, and have actually stayed together to record more than three albums. I reckon they're up there with the Beatles for song writing talent, and they've been together longer than they were too!

hey I said yes and I know all the old stuff. I have been listening to them for 12 years. Like Nirvana changed the face of music in the very early 90's, Green Day did the same thing. Yes needless bad copy cats were invented. But that is the sort of thing that gets you into the hall of fame. Not only that their continued success, their ability to evolve and remain topical. They have held my rapt attention since I heard Longview on MTV when I was 21 years old.

I know but im on about the 12 year olds, man thats cool, wish i had heard of them as soon as Longview came out, your lucky :eyebrows:

I resent that. I have Kerplunk! and its an awsome CD :P

I don't think it really matters. I can think of bands that are way better, fuck influence; people should make their own music.

i think they would make it in,

since i know what 85% of my whole school know who green day are

and they really stand out well

They didnt start punk pop

They didnt start making songs about politics

They are pretty good, and mainstream accepted.

I wouldnt think so right now, but they have the potential to get in.

They brought musicianship to pop-punk (in the mainstream, at least), that's what they did. And I think that matters.

Won't they all be like like 42-ish? :/ Lol, but I think they will make it :thumbsup:

yes...and?

well, if the question is wether or not they will make it (which it is) then yes, they probably will. However, i dont think they should. they have established themselves by being rebels, so to become so accepted by the general public would kinda tarnish their image in a way IMO

I agree

Won't they all be like like 42-ish? :/ Lol, but I think they will make it :thumbsup:

Ozzy is 58. And Black Sabbath was formed almost 40 years ago.. and they just got there..so.

Definately. If it wasn't for Green Day, we'd still be listening to crap like 50 Cent and other crap from the rap fad.

ofcourse they will :D

they made a difference in the world like aless said if they weren't here we were still listening to crap like 50 cent .

And they have won so may awards and other things so they will make it :D:D:wub:

hell yeah, they bloody deserve it for the amount of awesome music they've produced and they are recognised worldwide as 1 of the top rock bands so they definitely should be :)

Archived