Did Green Day influence you to start learning an insrument?

Mallory

Did they influence you into getting a musical instrument?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no they didnt, i was listening to 'Running Free by Iron Maiden'

and i love the bass line and thats what made me want to learn bass

because STEVE HARRIS FUCKING OWNS! :wub:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they did but didnt... i already wanted to learn how to play guitar and bass, but i use them as "idols"... because i would like to be able to play like them, but they did inspire me to want to be in a band...

They're the main reason why I'm getting off my ass and trying to learn guitar/bass/drums.

Damn hard, aswell.

I started to play guitar to start to play Green Day song, and to make a band and play with my friends!

Yes...because I loved the music and I wanted to make music too :rolleyes: , but i too really play their songs

I wanted to learn guitar before I started to like Green Day, but now I want more than ever

well that sums up what I wanted to say :happy: I always wanted to play the guitar but I was just too lazy to actually start learning

Yep, Green Day did, I always watched them on stage and thought how amazing it would be to be able to play a guitar like they can.

I was always interested in playing the guitar so probably would have taught myself anyway... but green day did inspire me and my band to get together.

Guest Phoebe.

It was a joint effort. My friend Elsa got an acoustic guitar for her birthday one year, and I loved to sit and listen to her play. I thought "Hmm, it'd be cool to do that" and also my music tastes changed to more guitar-based music, and I thought "Hey, why not?"

I still suck, mind.

kind of i`ve always wanted to play guitar but then I started haering green day and now I like the drums better so now I play the drums :woot:

i'd already been playing piano since i was 5, but Green Day did inspire me to pick up a guitar.

i started learning the piano when i was 11. and i loved it then i tried to play gd songs, so they kinda did influence me but i have wanted to play since i was really little.

My parents got me a guitar when I was like 7 or so. I took lessons and stuff, but I had no motivation to play or practice. I had no taste in music back then. But when I got real into GD and other bands, I got motivated to learn. Just everytime I see them live on TV or whatever, I wanna start playing my guitar.

i already wanted to learn to play guitar and drums, but their music made me actually learn a little bit about both instruments

Green Day didn't really inspire me to learn any new instruments coz i was already learning piano and guitar and i play keyboards for church, but they certainly inspired me to learn their songs. and now i wanna learn the bass coz of mike's base lines

Yes, once I saw them perform live, I said, "Waaaaiiiiit a minute! I wanna learn guitar! I want a band! I want it, I want it!" :woot: Just because I love music so much. I had been learning acoustic guitar before then, but I wanted electric REAL bad. :woot: So I got one. And now I'm very happy and hope that one day I will have a career in the music business. That would make me the happiest person alive! :thumbsup:

Well, yeah. I was already playing (and sucking) guitar for about a year, but I wasn't really all that interested in it. I couldn't find any good songs that I wanted to play until I started to listen to Green Day. That's all I do anymore.

I've been playing guitar since I was 8. That's nine years...

I've also been playing bass guitar, trumpet, piano, alto sax, and double bass for a couple years.

I used to play the flute... but I'm trying to forget that. I want to learn drums and mandolin!

Archived