Did Green Day influence you to start learning an insrument?

Mallory

Did they influence you into getting a musical instrument?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wanted to learn guitar before I started to like Green Day, but now I want more than ever

Same with me.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Green day inspired me to learn some instroments ... I started with drum sticks and now I'm gonna start some guitar lessons :) I want to play their songs( but I have to wait until I learn to play on guitar :) )

Not exactly.

I had already been forced to play the bass in our school jazz band and I wasn't really into it because...well. Jazz. C'mon. It wasn't exactly my cup o' diet coke.

But then I thought: heeeeyyy, I can play GREEN DAY! And I started looking up tabs and schtuff. And then learned Longview by heart. And I feel awesome.

Not really, I was learning to play guitar before I got interested in GD's stuff, but when did I played alot of their songs, cause their stuff is good for beginners since they're so simple.

well I was already learning the guitar but everyday their music just makes me want it even more! inspires me.

I wanted to learn guitar before I started to like Green Day, but now I want more than ever

Same with me.

Me too. :P

no.

I started playing guitar about 7 years before I heard of Green Day.

Not really... I mean, I was already playing the piano from an early age, then I got into Green Day after that, then I took up the guitar, but they didn't influcence me. Not really. Now they do, though. I really, REALLY want to be in a band. I've already written like 5 songs. With music. With my brother on the drums and no bass. :lol:

Yes. I was quite interested in drumming anyway, but then I saw Tre and I was like "Right! Saving up for a kit."

nah, i knew them before i started playing bass,

but i dont play any of their songs. so i dont think they really had any infuence on me.

though i did learn knowledge before i went to the concert last time. but thats a cover, doesn't count.

Yeah, when I started listening to Green Day I wanted to (eventually) be able to play like Billie Joe. I can also play a little bit of bass guitar, and drums. :D

If I didn't like Green Day I wouldn't have this sudden urge for a bass. Thanks a lot Dirnt. :rolleyes:

Nah id played guitar for a few year when i was young, then my mate wanted to start a band, so i was gonna be bass, then it fell apart and i got bored of bass so guitar came back. But that all happened before i got into Green Day

...yes... but i've always kinda wanted to learn how to play the guitar. but after seeing billie play, i was like 'CRAP!!!! I GOTTA LEARN, FAST!!!!' so that's why i'm in guitar class with mr. harms leading the way for me.\m/ :bored: \m/

Sort of, yeah. I'd beemn wanting to learn for awhile, and listening to them sorta kicked me in the ass to do it. Now I have Lessons every Monday at 4:30 with this hot guy named Donnie. Nifty, huh? :cool:

Yep. I'd always kinda wanted to learn to play guitar, but when I got into Green Day I really really wanted to learn.

No, the Beatles actually made me decide to buy a guitar 10 years ago, but Green Day, however, has influenced me to try different sounds and rhythms.

Yes :) I'm learning how to play electric guitarfor about 8 months! I always wanted to learn because I love the sound of it but Green Day was definately one of the reasons why I start playing the Guitar! :D

I want to be in the music industry and in my opinion an artist shoud play at least one instrument and write their own songs! U know be versatile!

I already play the piano! But the guitar was that instrument that always attract my atention! and now I'm finally learning! :D

yeah first the guitar than the bass yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:P

Yeah, but I was unsure on what I wanted to learn. At first I wanted to play guitar, then drums. Then one day, I found an amp in the garage, and I asked my dad about it. It turns out that he used to play the bass! He still has it to, but now it is mine. Kinda. I am taking lessons. I love my Bass.

They didn't inspire me to play, Nirvana has those honors, but they definitely got me to continue playing after deciding not to.

Archived