Most cherished Green Day memory

itsCOMEDYandTRAGEDY

that's incredibly....intense, maybe? i don't know which word i want to use....

anyway mine would probably be the WHOLE mk day. eating fish and chips in the sun and getting hyped...then driving there, eating skittles and chucking them into each other's mouths and singing VERY loud witht he wind in our faces...realising how much my brother loves to sing loud :D and then realising how huge it was once we turned onto the motorway and the traffic was just solid. then getting there and walking to the bowl, and seeing that many people in one place. and eating cornettos, and drinking beer and watching it get full, and watching my brother and his gf fall asleep together in the sun (aww) and then going up to the top and taking a panorama, then taking sunset pictures, THEN they actually came on. and seeing them as real people, not just on a screen. and standing singing at the top of my lungs with 64,999 other people. and then wmuwse and realising bj was crying. and then the end, standing with my friend watching everyone leave. then finding my bro and gf, walking back to the car in the dark, all holding hands so we didn't get lost. then driving back, almost asleep, listening to paul simon and oasis, with my brothers gf doing the african voices. and then just me and my brother being awake, just with the music on soft. and getting home at half 2, and standing in the empty, newly painted kitchen in the pitch black, and getting into bed and having nothing else left to say.

Wait, I think I'll just quote what you put, because you just described exactly what I was feeling. Wasn't it the most amazing thing when you got over that little dirt hill and saw actually how big it was and how many people there were and you were like "shit, in a couple of hours they're going to be up there... In real life!" And then he started playing WMUWSE and we were like "oh my god... is he crying?" and you're on the brink of tears yourself and it's like no I don't want this to end. Ever.

God I miss it.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh you guys are so lucky to have been there!!! Well, i guess my best- and first- memory of gd was when i first heard bobd. i was half asleep in a bunk bed with a friend after a huge night out... mtv was on and when i heard the song i was like, wow... before falling asleep and having the best dreams ever!

May 14th 2005 when I met Billie Joe. I also enjoyed watching my dad play Bass with Mike in Dallas! :D I will never forget anything about both of those experiences. I remeber how Billie smelled and watching them all play wiffle ball. gosh. i miss Green Day concerts...

when i went to the milton keynes concert and I got a space right near the stage :woot::woot::woot::woot: best day of my life!!!

My ex-best friend told me "I'm gonna meet Tre! I'm gonna meet Tre!" Some Xanga thingie... ugh. Anyhow, I remember that she was all, "Ha! You're not gonna meet them!" 'cause I pissed her mom off somehow. Anyways, I got to the concert earlier and got to go to soundcheck. She was there during Jimmy Eat World's performance. I got closer then she did and got some cool shit. I rubbed in her face so badly. "Ha! I MET GREEN DAY AND YOU DIDN'T! IN YOUR FACE. BITCH! TELL THAT TO YOUR MOM!" That was just funny to me.

On Fridays theres this kinda rock club i go to but last Friday, i got Holiday (cus the guy didn't have hitchin a ride) dedicated to me for my 16th birthday

Obviously...pretty much everyone will answer with when they saw them.

I'll be no different and say "May 17th, 2005"

Seeing Billie's new 'do was pretty awesome too.

Guest Quietus

Oh how could I forget that? I literally screamed "YES!" when I saw it. Then I realized what a moron I was acting like.

Obviously...pretty much everyone will answer with when they saw them.

I'll be no different and say "May 17th, 2005"

Seeing Billie's new 'do was pretty awesome too.

May 17th....that was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

i saw them on april 23rd last year. i had so much fun n went crazy, i got to see two of my favorite bands, and it was just amazing to be at the concert. it was also the first concert i went to . my mom was always so strict about concerts...

The day i got hold of my Green Day tickets and December 17 2005 - LAst American Idiot Tour Date At MELBOURNE..BEst nite of my life....

Getting into the FUSE studios for the taping of Comp'd and standing right in front of the stage. And then telling people about it :blush:

Begging my parents to travel a few hours to my second Green Day concert and them finally saying yes made me happy.

If we are going by the dates I would have to say when I saw them at Woodstock. That was a thrill of a lifetime, just wish I wasn't so mad that day.

Saw them in... 2001 I believe.. in Wilmington, Delaware. They completely destroyed the set... drums, guitars, everything. While they were destroying the set, I asked Mike (being front row) if he would give me his guitar. He nodded yes and smiled at me. At this point, they pulled out a few instruments, and played Waiting... ("I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come"). After the song, Mike rummages around the stage, and finds the end of his guitar that had broken off when he slammed it through the speaker. He come down, and in front of the entire crowd, personally handed it to me. After the show, I went to their bus, and thanked him for it. He then thanked ME for being such a huge fan.. saying he watched me throughout the show, and knew I was truely a fan and thought I deserved it. Then Billie and Tre signed it for me, I talked to them for a bit, and was a happy happy man.

Then this year, for the second AI show I went to, I got some VIP pass, and got to go in, with about 20 people in the building, and watch sound check. It was like our own little private Green Day show. The talked to us, and played. It was great. After that, we went to the VIP room until the show started.

To date, I have the end of the guitar (signed by all), tre's drumstick, a bunch of guitar picks, and a shirt autographed by Billie (all from shows).

http://www.dookiak.com/5.jpg

Wow, that's pretty awesome :woot:

My most cherished memory would be the concert I went to in December, the last in the AI tour. And my most cherished memory that night would be when they played Jesus of Subrubia.

Wow, that's pretty awesome :woot:

My most cherished memory would be the concert I went to in December, the last in the AI tour. And my most cherished memory that night would be when they played Jesus of Subrubia.

i was there :woot: but my most cherished moment was when i first saw them live in '04 :wub:

Though I've liked GD for a while, I didn't become a HUGE fan until I saw them last year at the homecomming SF show. It was AMAZING and really did change my life. And the fireworks after it...just spectacular! So emotional and life-changing. :wub:

Watching all Green Day stuff in tv hide from my parents since I was almost all last year grounded...but it was damn fun!

i would have to say,meeting them. especially mike...billie and tre look like they do in the picture but mike is like 3943875 times more gorgeous in real life then pictures...ahhh >.<

Archived