Most cherished Green Day memory

itsCOMEDYandTRAGEDY

Seeing as Ive never been to one of their concerts, I dont have any amazing memories of Green Day really. I think I would have to say, at summer camp, lying on my bed at two in the morning with my headphones on playing air guitar to their music. Camp is where I really started to get into them, and I had great memories being away from everything for awhile.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most definately, sitting on the grass verge on a beautiful sunny day at Milton keynes when the lights went off and the Space odyssey music started, you CANNOT beat that feeling! The excitement and the atmosphere! OMG! Just thinking about it gets me all excited again.

OH and, when i was at another gd gig last year, me and my friends were at the barrier and my friend kept mouthing 'I love you' to Tre and he just stared at us looking really puzzled so she yelled it when it was quieter and he laughed. :)

Aha, aw thats so awesome :happy: Tre :wub:

Mine would be Milton Keynes 19th June Omg that was the best day if my life even though i nearly lost half my ribs at the barriers well worth being in the mosh pit for it!

I think I've posted in this thread before... Oh well.

Well I'll always remember the day I got American Idiot, and the day I got Superhits.

I also remember the time I bought Warning in a CD in Brisbane, and after I bought it, I complained about the price of it ($30), then they kicked me out and banned me from ever going back in there. I didn't plan on going back either.

Ah, twas a great day.

• 2 months later...

milton keynes...definatly..wasnt only my best green day memory. it was my best memory full stop. it was the best day ever...!!

sounds sad i know..but i LOVED every single minute of it...i wanna go againn!!

XXX

Mine is on 11-06-'05 at Imola, when I saw them live :wub: ...unfortunately they don't come very much in Italy :pinch:

I would like to go back to that day, I was so excited, so happy, damn Green Day are a natural drug :D

Embarassing myself in front of Billie Joe =D

well mine was at milton keynes

being there was the most amazing thing ever for me.

same 19th june 2005

I LOVED IT WHEN THEY CAME TO PITTSBURGH PA IT WAS SO COOL CUS THATS WHERE I LIVE AT :D:blink::thumbsup::wub::woot:

:stupid:

I LOVED IT WHEN THEY CAME TO PITTSBURGH PA IT WAS SO COOL CUS THATS WHERE I LIVE AT :D:blink::thumbsup::wub::woot:

The 3x I have seen them live. The one that is clearer than all the rest though, sitting on my couch getting high way back in '94 and Longview came on MTV. I was transfixed, I just sat there mesmerized (okay it may have been the weed.) After the video was over, I told my husband "I hope we got the extra $ this weekend cause we are buying that cd." I have been in love ever since. :wub:

The 3x I have seen them live. The one that is clearer than all the rest though, sitting on my couch getting high way back in '94 and Longview came on MTV. I was transfixed, I just sat there mesmerized (okay it may have been the weed.) After the video was over, I told my husband "I hope we got the extra $ this weekend cause we are buying that cd." I have been in love ever since. :wub:

Steph- that's great.

definatley the last show of the american idiot tour 2005.

i'll never forget that night.

those boys said thank you so many times.

but really, i thank them, because they're music inspires me so much.

the "secret" Green Day show at the Warfield last October was absolutely perfect. it was so intimate. I even requested Blitzkrieg Bop :)

My most cherished Green Day memories are the first time I listened to American Idiot start yo finish without interruptions and when I went to the Green Day concert in Boston. Simply Changed my life.

I KNOW I will remember it forever. :happy:

When I went on a trip with my friend, stole her iPod while she was sleeping (but of course i gave it back) and listened to king for a day because it had a funny name. i thought it was about skipping school and ruling the world cause teachers used to make us write stories about what we would do if we were king for a day...

i think its kinda funny now that a song about being bisexual hooked me to a band...

well theres a few...

for some reason, every time i hear minority i get like chills or something...

the first time i listened to american idiot i was home alone, cranked it up to 11 and read the book along wiht it(the limited edition with all the notes in it) and jsut got chills listening to the words...the beginning of homecoming get me everytime...

and finally when i saw them last may and they started busting into the oldschool songs it was simplay an amazing feeling...and being literally 15-20 feet from stage we could feen our skin burning from the pyro

good stuff good stuff :)

When I went on a trip with my friend, stole her iPod while she was sleeping (but of course i gave it back) and listened to king for a day because it had a funny name. i thought it was about skipping school and ruling the world cause teachers used to make us write stories about what we would do if we were king for a day...

i think its kinda funny now that a song about being bisexual hooked me to a band...

its not about being bisexual...its simply about fun with dressing in drag :P:thumbsup:

hahaaa good story though dude

Friday, September 9, 2005 at the Hartford Civic Center

our seats were far away but we had a great view. we could feel the burn from the pyrotechnics. Billie Joe calling the kids he brought up to play the guitar, drums, and bass The Disasters. screaming until i could scream no more. hearing that little ringing in my ears after the concert was over.

listening to Superhits for the first time(my first GD album)

Guest ~GhOsT~

the 1st time i ever heard Green Day....they changed my life....or either the 1st time i watched BIAB i was so excited! i watched it like 5 times that night! now ive seen it 22 times and counting! great movie!

the 1st time i ever heard Green Day....they changed my life....or either the 1st time i watched BIAB i was so excited! i watched it like 5 times that night! now ive seen it 22 times and counting! great movie!

lol so did i.

i watched it twice a day for like a month... i just couldnt get enough. i tried watching other stuff but i only wanted to watch BIAB

Archived