Most cherished Green Day memory

itsCOMEDYandTRAGEDY

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few: The day I heard American Idiot; The day I saw the video to Holiday (Aye, twas the day I realized my love for Green Day); the day I first watched Bullet in a Bible, I watched it extremely loud seeinng as I was home alone; and the day I got International Superhits.

July 2nd, seeing them at Live8 was amazing. There were so many people and the sun was terrible but it was a great day

When BJ played the last note of the AI tour at melbourne. He waited for like 20 seconds at the end of Good Riddance and then calmy strummed the guitar. Just made me so emotional and topped off one of the greatest weeks of my life. Seeing GD twice in 3 days as well as Living End and being able to explore Melbourne for the first time. After the melbourne show i was so emotional i coudnt say a word.. then i went out and was on the look out for GD.. but coudnt see them :(

From 5am on the 19th of June when we woke up till 5am on the 20th of June when we got home :)

seeing them live on the last night of the roskilde festival, it was pretty much just plain magic in the air.

Never seen 'em live, so I'd have to say watching the Holiday vid and getting into them properly for the first time :)

my first concert that i went to of theirs, that is probably my most cherished moment. :P:wub::wub:

November 10, 2005. Seeing them live and in person, this memory will stay in my head forever.

Wait, I think I'll just quote what you put, because you just described exactly what I was feeling. Wasn't it the most amazing thing when you got over that little dirt hill and saw actually how big it was and how many people there were and you were like "shit, in a couple of hours they're going to be up there... In real life!" And then he started playing WMUWSE and we were like "oh my god... is he crying?" and you're on the brink of tears yourself and it's like no I don't want this to end. Ever.

God I miss it.

*nods fervently*

roll on the next round of album/toury goodness

December 14 2005 (Sydney) is the my most cherished Green Day memory. I can't believe how lucky i was to get into Idiot Zone. i was soooo close to the stage, i miss it :( i wanna go again :(

my first ever Green Day concert on my 16th birthday :happy:

Mine would be 7th November 2005 when i went down to London on the spur of the moment. GD were attending BIAB premier at a cinema in Leicester Square. I thought just to get a glimpse of them would make me happy. After waiting outside for 5 hours a few fans including me and my hubby were invited into the cinema to watch it. Although we were too late for the presentation (It was a bit of a scrap to get in) I turned to my left to see Billie, Mike and Tre sat a few feet away. Billie acknowledged us by waving. I was so stunned I fell down the steps! (How Cool!)

I sat and watched BIAB with GD a few feet away. God it was surreal. The band left about half way through. I was so overcome that when Wake me up was on I cried. My hubby just rolled his eyes. Even now I struggle to believe it happened to me. One of the best days of my life.

Other cherished memories will be the times I've seen them live.

:lol: Ah, thats awesome! Lmao, did the guys see you fall?

Most cherrised moment--Seeing Green Day live, HAD to have been the greats fucking night of my young life :woot:

Umm i guess it would be when i started to REALLY love GD when i watch Bullet in a Bible with my friend! :D

I wish I could say it was a Green Day concert I've been too.... sadly the closest I can come is getting to ditch school the day BIAB came out and sit at home & watch it. :)

Playing 'When I Come Around" over the loud-speakers at my school.

I haven't been to a green day concert so i can't say that

I guess mine would be just sitting on my living room floor, a foot away from the tv screen, watching biab. I don't know... i guess it's permantly printed into my brain.

yeah that would be the time that I had great tickets for a show- I almost got to go but the day before the concert- I got REALLY sick- I've never been that sick in my life..and being 14- my mom vetoed my concert going=which was probably a good idea..I gave my tickets away to a friend- she brought me back really neat stuff though :D

ooo for sure mine was gettin sprayed with water from billie joes water bottle at their show in auckland,nz last year....

that was awesome :P

and yes, i did wash that top..(it did take awhile tho haha)

i wish i could say ive been to one of their concerts but sadly no

i think my most cherished moment was when me and my bestie stayed up to 3 in the morning watching biab over and over again

it was so fun as i had way to much caffiene and i was all twitchy

Most definately, sitting on the grass verge on a beautiful sunny day at Milton keynes when the lights went off and the Space odyssey music started, you CANNOT beat that feeling! The excitement and the atmosphere! OMG! Just thinking about it gets me all excited again.

OH and, when i was at another gd gig last year, me and my friends were at the barrier and my friend kept mouthing 'I love you' to Tre and he just stared at us looking really puzzled so she yelled it when it was quieter and he laughed. :)

i have two;

Seeing them in MK, and just feeling like the place i live in isnt such a piece of shit, if green day can be there.

After my nans funeral, me and my sister were sitting in the garden, and my dad started playing good riddance on the guitar and we both sang it, kinda to my nan. It was really special and ill remeber it forever.

Archived