What Green Day songs can you play?

green_day_maniac

A LOT of them on guitar. I stole my friend's AI guitar book, and I can play most of them, but I also learnt When I Come Around by ear and Walking Alone, Basket Case, infact, most of the Dookie album, and Good Riddance.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WMUWSE, warning, good riddance, and parts of american idiot. i suck at it though

Hmmmm....where to start???

Guitar

Dookie - Burnout, Longview, Welcome To Paradise, Basketcase, When I Come Around

Insomniac - Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, 86, Brain Stew, Jaded, Walking Contradiction

Nimrod - Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' A Ride, The Grouch, All The Time, Platypus (I Hate You), King For A Day, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Warning - Warning, Castaway, Waiting, Minority, Macy's Day Parade

American Idiot - American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Are We The Waiting, St. Jimmy, She's A Rebel, Letterbomb, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Whatsername

Also I know the bass line to Longview and almost the whole drum section of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

believe it or not but i can play every gd song on guitar and bass and i can also play minority, longview, holiday and hitchin a ride on drums

brain stew, holiday, JOS, WMUWSE, and BOBD. but then again ima drummer.

I think I could play some songs of them on the piano (reductions)... I hadn't tried yet because I think it will be pretty weird and pathetic... I also can play the part with the harmonica on minority and I'm walking alone.

none :down: ...but i'd like to learn to play good riddance...all i need is knowledge in guitars...and someone who teaches me.... :/ i'm a little hopeless about that,...

hhmmm....and my english sucks! :mad: ...so maybe you can't understand nothing of what i'm saying

none :down: ...but i'd like to learn to play good riddance...all i need is knowledge in guitars...and someone who teaches me.... :/ i'm a little hopeless about that,...

hhmmm....and my english sucks! :mad: ...so maybe you can't understand nothing of what i'm saying

Knowledge is awsome : you're very lucky to be able to play it at guitar... If I could only play one song on guitar I'd wanted it to be some Tim Armstrong stuff : he is the best guitar player ever ! Your english don't sucks at all : I understood all the things ou said so don't worry about this ! :thumbsup:

Knowledge is awsome : you're very lucky to be able to play it at guitar... If I could only play one song on guitar I'd wanted it to be some Tim Armstrong stuff : he is the best guitar player ever ! Your english don't sucks at all : I understood all the things ou said so don't worry about this ! :thumbsup:

oh, nononon...hehe...see? my english sucks....that's not what i was trying to say...."all i need is knowledge in guitars...and someone who teaches me.... :/ i'm a little hopeless about that,..." i meant that i don't know how to play the guitar....and that i need experience to play songs...and i don't have it, so i need someone to teach me how to play the gutar....and...i don't even have a guitar, that's why i'm hopeless about that.... :down:

i hope you can understand this, i do my best every time i post...

joey...lol....i can play green day songs, too...all of them

I can play part of JOS, Hitchin a Ride, and Extraordinary Girl. I've tried and tried with Good Riddance and it just isn't happening, i can't do it :(

I can play longview (bass), good riddance (guitar acoustic/electric), Part of Basket Case and part of Brain Stew.

i could play wmuwse, american idiot, bobd, good riddance...... but that was ages ago, before i concentrated on keyboards

Brain Stew (psh, who can't?), Jesus of Suburbia, Letterbomb, Redundant, The Grouch, Burnout, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, American Idiot, Whatsername, Prosthetic Head, and Uptight. Haven't really tried much else.

i can play on guitar: knowledge ( by op ivy and green day), 16, 409 in your coffeemaker, 1000 hours, paper lanterns, judges daughter, one of my lies, welcome to paradise, when i come around, FOD, bab's uvula who?, 86, armatage shanks, brain stew, geek stink breath, time of your life, prosthedic head, castaway, blood sex and booze, waiting, haha your dead, bobd, american idiot

all the way throught American Idiot [ album ]

Brain Stew / Jaded

Castaway

Hitchin' a Ride

Platypus

Longview

Welcome to Paradise

Good Riddance

Minority

Nice Guy's Finish Last

if you ask me. they're songs are uber easy to play.

- Good Riddence

- Hitchin' a Ride

- Brain Stew

- the beginning of Minority

- Jaded

- Welcome To Paradise

- Nice Guys Finish Last

- Last Ride In

- Longview (bass)

- Walking Contradiction

- When I Come Around

i dont actually remember most of the songs i used to know off the top of my head, but if i looked at the tabs for a second i could play them.

Good Riddance, WMUWSE, bass part of Longview, Redundant, Brain Stew, Jaded, Extraordinary Girl, Give Me Novacaine, Whatsername, Are We The Waiting, Holiday...I think thats it. Most of those I can't play the whole song but I can do the tune or a few chords and stuff.

generally when it comes to me learning something on guitar, i pick something harder than green day and a little more complex and different. i mean, those songs were interesting to learn back in 8th/9th grade, but now it's just boring.

On guitar I can play:

1. brain stew

2.good riddance

3.hold on

4.walking alone

5.wake me up when september ends

6 are we the waiting

7. warning (on bass and guitar)

8.homecoming

9. part of whatsername

10. knowledge

11. boulevard of broken dreams

12.she's a rebel

13. poprocks and coke

14.minnesota girl

15.rotting

16.misery

17.redundant

I'll probably learn more soon, I've only been playing for 9 months

i can play (on guitar):

-american idiot

-most of jos

-bobd

-are we the waiting

-st.jimmy

-wake me up when september ends

-basket case

-brain stew

-good riddance

-jaded

-longview

-miniority

-poprocks and coke

-waiting

-warning

-welcome to paradise

On bass: Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Hitchin' a Ride, Brain Stew, Jaded, American Idiot, Holiday, Warning, Minority, Geek Stink Breath, Paper Lanterns, When I Come Around, WMUWSE, Stuck With Me, Redundant, Whatsername, Blood, Sex, and Booze, Sweet Children, Don't Leave Me, Who Wrote Holden Cauffield? (sp?), Android, At the Library

Guitar: All of AI but Extraordinary Girl... too lazy to learn... Burnout, Chump, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, She, F.O.D./All by Myself, When I Come Around, Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew, Jaded, The Grouch, Good Riddance, WMUWSE, Warning, Waiting, 2000 Lightyears Away, Hitchin' a Ride, Only of You, At the Library, Don't Leave Me, Espionage, Scattered, Paper Lanterns, J.A.R., Poprocks & Coke, Whatsername, Redundant, Stuck With Me, Blood, Sex, and Booze, Android, Platypus (I Hate You), Take Back, King For a Day

Drums: Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Brain Stew, WMUWSE, Panic Song, Blood, Sex, and Booze

:D

Archived