Should Green Day still be Green Day

Mechanical Man

Do You Think GD Should still keep being a band forever?  

401 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Green Day should be Green Day forever but what are your thoughts?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weird topic...but yes they should be a band as long as the want to

What like until their all 80? do they not deserve some retirement eventually? :/

weird topic...but yes they should be a band as long as the want to

I agree. And they can't be a band forever , you know...they can't sing being dead

Mechanical Man, you're sig is huge.

And yeah, they should be a band for however long they wanna be

I think they should keep making music until they feel it's time to stop.

They can do what they want. Unitil they're so old they can't pick up a guitar, then they should stop.

Yes, but its up to them. If they feel that they can't get anymore from the band, or that the music they are creating isn't what it once used to be and their creative energies may be better off elsewhere then who are we to say they should stay in the band forever and ever? Forever is a long time, and eventually the guys may feel the need for something new. They've been in the band for a large portion of their lives and undoubtebly they will one day wake up and think, maybe Green Day isn't what I want to do always.

Then again, Billie did say that Green Day is his life, and that he wouldn't want to do anything but be in Green Day. So maybe they will stay a band forever. Who knows.

Bands shouldn't be allowed to last more than 20 years.

ARE YOU SERIOUS look at the rolling stones, and gd's been a band for 16, what are you talking about

It's not meant to be bigger than... 250x600 pixels

and i really give a care

Bands shouldn't be allowed to last more than 20 years.

Nooo.

I think it all depends on the band and their own creativity. If they feel that they have expressed every part of themselves and nothing can match their past work, then they should stop. If you keep on going way past your due date, you'll make crap music. They should keep on going as long as they feel what they're doing is worthwhile.

What like until their all 80? do they not deserve some retirement eventually? :/

yea we dont want green day to turn into the recent rolling stones....gosh...i love the '79-'82 stones....pity

Billie Joe once said " The only way where leaving this band is in a body bag" or something along those lines. So theres your answer, they'll be in Green Day for the rest of their lifes.

I don't mind. They've given us a shitload of music to listen to already. I wouldn't even mind if they split up soon. However it would be weird having old grandads playing punk songs, but hey...

and i really give a care
the problem is that i do. you can't resize it, then i'll just delete it.

No, they shouldn't be a band forever. What happens in 5-10 years, when they either stop getting along, or just don't want to play music anymore? Why would you want to listen to musicians who are bored with what they do?

If they want to play till forever then is great, if they don't want then is great too...as long as they want to.

and if it is the name why not keep it?

Archived