Green Day warm up bands

spark in the night

i like jimmy eat world, but my chemical romance seems so out of place for a green day concert

I kinda disagree about the MCR being out of place at a Green Day show. I think if MCR where out when Green Day began "1994- When they got signed." I would dare say there would be alot of simularitys between both the bands.

They are both very successfull pop/punk bands, i use the term "pop" because they are popular acts amungst the mainstream. In a magazine, i think it might of been Kerrang!, it said that the most succesfull bands of 2005 where Green Day for being on top of the music world the second time in their career and MCR for getting so far in the space of 12 months.

Billie Joe had been a major influence on Gerrard Way and thats another main reason why they arent out of place at a Green Day show. Green Day and MCR are both popular with the mainstream kids "Teenage Girls" so i guess they spot simularities between the two acts.

I may be rambling on about shit, but this is how i kinda see it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy Eat World was pretty good...but I'd like to see The Living End support them again.

I just keep coming back to input more into this thread. Anyway doesnt the record company decide who is going out on tour with the band anyway, i herd that somewhere once and Green Day and MCR are both signed to Warner Reprise. Not to sure about Jimmy Eat World.

I can't believe they've had MCR and Taking Back Sunday opening for them, I find that insulting.

i'd love to see the living end open. or maybe less than jake.

jimmy eat world were awesome, taking back sunday i thought were sorta "meh" and hard fi....just turned me off them completely once the singer...richard something maybe?...came on and said "i've been told i swear too much, so i'm not going to say shit, bollocks, or any of that crap" or something like that. cheap shot. puh-lease....

I can't believe they've had MCR and Taking Back Sunday opening for them, I find that insulting.

why??

the bands were proud of opening a Green Day concert...I guess

taking back sunday were awesome

hard fi were terrible

Jimmy Eat World was pretty good...but I'd like to see The Living End support them again.

Yeah same.

New Found Glory - fucking brilliant

Hard-fi - Pretty Damn good for a new band

Taking Back Sunday - Rubbish, but friendly

Jimmy Eat world - Not bad

I wish I'd seen MCR or Against Me! support Green Day that would have been awesome.

why??

the bands were proud of opening a Green Day concert...I guess

Well in meine opinion MCR and TBS are awful emo teenie bands, and so when bands like that open for Green Day it gives the wrong impression.

Well in meine opinion MCR and TBS are awful emo teenie bands, and so when bands like that open for Green Day it gives the wrong impression.

to you maybe

not to everyone though

it would be impossible to pick bands to support you

that everyone would like.

At Milton Keynes I liked Hard-fi but they were nothing exciting. Taking Back Sunday were terrible, not my type of thing at all, and Jimmy Eat World were okay, but again nothing exciting. I don't think any band is when supporting Green Day but then I am biased.

Next UK tour they should take Hard-Fi out again. They're getting pretty big here now, and they probably wouldn'tve if it wsn't for MK, so it'd be cool to see them playing together now that they're not an unknown anymore. I'd also like to see:

Dropkick Murphys

Flogging Molly

Strike Anywhere

Bedouin Soundclash

Millencolin

The Living End

Weezer

Motion City Soundtrack / Matchbook Romance

I put MCS and MBR on the same line because thye go well together, so it'd be cool to see bothof them and GD.

I saw the Crush open for them. Who, I hear you say. I say, you don't need to know.

Archived