Another dig at Green Day / Green Day & Buzzcocks

Parley

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, okay then. Yup, I'm not into bashing people because they don't like GD, I just think it's idiotic for this guy to say they aren't punks right after he claims to know nothing about them, you know? It's like asking to have "idiot" branded on your forehead. if you don't know 'em, don't comment on 'em.

Good point.

Guest Quietus

Oh and the jerk off comment? Me just having some preverted wordplay. I don't know this guy, he could be nice. :thumbsup:

Haha, okay then. Yup, I'm not into bashing people because they don't like GD, I just think it's idiotic for this guy to say they aren't punks right after he claims to know nothing about them, you know? It's like asking to have "idiot" branded on your forehead. if you don't know 'em, don't comment on 'em.

I don't think he meant that they themselves were not punk or punks (as he said, he didn't know them). I think he meant musically they weren't punk because they're not the first to play their style of music, or as he said, "they are a watered down version of the original." So, yeah, I think he's heard their music and that's all he knows about them. I could be wrong, but that's what I got out of it

since i dont see green day as a punk band at all, i dont really see this pertaining to them, but instead to the vast majority of the punk bands that exist today. the casualties, the unseen, career soldiers, clit 45... sure, i like some of those bands, but they all sound and look the same, like a "watered down version of the original", if you will.

Guest Quietus

I don't think he meant that they themselves were not punk or punks (as he said, he didn't know them). I think he meant musically they weren't punk because they're not the first to play their style of music, or as he said, "they are a watered down version of the original." So, yeah, I think he's heard their music and that's all he knows about them. I could be wrong, but that's what I got out of it

Okay, but then he's a liar. How can he not know who they are, but know their music? If he knows enough about their music to say they aren't punk (which is a whole other arguement), then he knows who they are. He may not know a lot about them, but he knows enough to know of them, which wouldn't equal "[not having] a clue who they were", as he claims. And if he doesn't know them, don't comment on the fucking music. You can't have it both ways.

Okay, but then he's a liar. How can he not know who they are, but know their music? If he knows enough about their music to say they aren't punk (which is a whole other arguement), then he knows who they are. He may not know a lot about them, but he knows enough to know of them, which wouldn't equal "not having a clue who they are", as he claims. And if he doesn't know them, don't comment on the fucking music. You can't have it both ways.

there are a ton of bands I know music by, but know next to nothing about the band's history, the people in it, and I would not be able to recognize them if I was shown a picture. I only know a lot about musicians that are in my current or past favorite bands, and I think it's fair to comment on music without knowing the person behind it. If I was in his shoes, not knowing who Green Day were as people, but that they're supposedly "mainstream punks" and saw them march up to me in their little uniforms I'd probably have a good laugh

Guest Quietus

there are a ton of bands I know music by, but know next to nothing about the band's history, the people in it, and I would not be able to recognize them if I was shown a picture. I only know a lot about musicians that are in my current or past favorite bands, and I think it's fair to comment on music without knowing the person behind it. If I was in his shoes, not knowing who Green Day were as people, but that they're supposedly "mainstream punks" and saw them march up to me in their little uniforms I'd probably have a good laugh

But you don't think he'd recognize the name "Green Day" if he knows who the song is by? I'd doubt he's too draft to know the artist of a song, and I doubt Green Day ran up to him without introducing themselves. Seriously, if he says he doesn't know who they are, that implies to me that he hasn't heard their music either. I haven't seen him comment directly on their music, it was your assumption of his statement - until he actually says something to back up his short little "they're not punks", he has no right to comment on them without knowing something about them or their music, in my opinion. I just think he's a hypocrite, but that's just me.

Guest The Godfather

I'm more punk then anyone ON this board. You're all just posers.

ANARCHY IN THE U.K !!! LONG LIVE SID !!!!

Guest Quietus

I'm more punk then anything ON this board. You're all just posers.

No. You're the clit master. Duh. Do you have short term memory or something?

wow, for people who "dont get mad because someone insults green day", you guys sure do tend to get pretty up in arms against anyone who does so. john lydon, and now the dude from the buzzcocks. it's rediculously stupid. i mean, if you dont like them, whatever, but to not like them because of some comment they said about some band is pretty dumb if you ask me.

you say they can't judge green day because they dont know them, well, you guys sure tend to do a lot of judging on their part even though you dont know them.

Personally I think people that come up with this crap are just jealous of Green Day.

Guest The Godfather

No. You're the clit master. Duh. Do you have short term memory or something?

I'm the Punk-Rock clit master.

ANARCHY, CHAOS, DRUNK PUNX OI OI !!!

Personally I think people that come up with this crap are just jealous of Green Day.

Wow.

How do you figure ?

I'm more punk then anyone ON this board. You're all just posers.

wait... sid vicious is dead? :o

NOOO!!!! :(

Guest The Godfather

wait... sid vicious is dead? :o

NOOO!!!! :(

Yeah, and his band, the Ramones, broke up. Sad, I know.

honestly, they have nothing to be jealous of. they, like green day, were both (this guy and john lydon) in successful bands in their day, even though they weren't very good. so what's their to be jealou of?

Yeah, and his band, the Ramones, broke up. Sad, I know.

damn! and i wanted to see them before joey died of his brain tumor!

Guest The Godfather

damn! and i wanted to see them before joey died of his brain tumor!

I heard hes going down hill fast...

His band mates, Sigfried and Roy said that in an interview.

Guest Quietus

wow, for people who "dont get mad because someone insults green day", you guys sure do tend to get pretty up in arms against anyone who does so. john lydon, and now the dude from the buzzcocks. it's rediculously stupid. i mean, if you dont like them, whatever, but to not like them because of some comment they said about some band is pretty dumb if you ask me.

you say they can't judge green day because they dont know them, well, you guys sure tend to do a lot of judging on their part even though you dont know them.

I'm going to assume that includes me since you are quoting my exact words (if not, just tell me), just because I'm saying what this guy is saying seems like a disconnect and very vauge, doesn't mean I'm bashing him. If he explained or elaborated on his POV, fine, I respect that. But to make these random statements without really saying anything to explain yourself, especially when it's a dig at someone is low in my opinion. If you want to tell me I'm dumb for thinking that, fine, but dont' think this is about him not liking GD. If I didn't like everyone who didn't like GD, I wouldn't like a lot of close friends of mine. :wink:

And hey, I can't say I can judge them, I'm just saying for him to say he doesn't even know who they are (impling he doesn't know them in any way shape or form, never heard of them or their music - which is how I read that statement, maybe I misinterpreted it), then yeah, you can't judge. But if you know of them, and have listened to their music and their statements, yeah, you can judge their music and such. Obviously I can't judge them personnally, that would be ridiculous since I never met them.

I'm going to assume that includes me since you are quoting my exact words (if not, just tell me), just because I'm saying what this guy is saying seems like a disconnect and very vauge, doesn't mean I'm bashing him. If he explained or elaborated on his POV, fine, I respect that. But to make these random statements without really saying anything to explain yourself, especially when it's a dig at someone is low in my opinion. If you want to tell me I'm dumb for thinking that, fine, but dont' think this is about him not liking GD. If I didn't like everyone who didn't like GD, I wouldn't like a lot of close friends of mine. :wink:

And hey, I can't say I can judge them, I'm just saying for him to say he doesn't even know who they are (impling he doesn't know them in any way shape or form, never heard of them or their music - which is how I read that statement, maybe I misinterpreted it), then yeah, you can't judge. But if you know of them, and have listened to their music and their statements, yeah, you can judge their music and such. Obviously I can't judge them personnally, that would be ridiculous since I never met them.

i was talking about 90% of this website, not just you...

I heard hes going down hill fast...

His band mates, Sigfried and Roy said that in an interview.

that's so sad :( looks like his other band, the clash, will have to end soon then too, eh? :(

RIP (soon) Joey Shithead

Guest Quietus

i was talking about 90% of this website, not just you...

Well I said I didn't know. But I figured I'd address it since it looked like you took some words right from my mouth and quoted it.

Guest The Godfather

that's so sad :( looks like his other band, the clash, will have to end soon then too, eh? :(

RIP (soon) Joey Shithead

Don't forget hsi most recent band...

Good Charlotte.

that wasnt bad. he just said they werent very original. he didnt even really diss em. i mean, if someone does something a lot like you with a lot more sucess, of course youll be a little bitter. do you remember how bitter green day was when blink 182 was huge?

by the way, buzzcocks werent huge innovaters either.

Archived