Another dig at Green Day / Green Day & Buzzcocks

Parley

that wasnt bad. he just said they werent very original. he didnt even really diss em. i mean, if someone does something a lot like you with a lot more sucess, of course youll be a little bitter. do you remember how bitter green day was when blink 182 was huge?

by the way, buzzcocks werent huge inovaters either.

it's true...

and good charlotte... boy will i miss them :( his drumming was just amazing on their song "anarchy in the uk".

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music is music, is art, its over the label the genres and all that shit

i don't pay mind to this stuff anymore, because to me it is pointless. people will say whatever they want to say, and there is nothing we can do about it. my friends and i got in to an argument about them the other day, and this kid, who thinks just because he is a senior he can be right, was arguing with me about punk and shit, even though he was a metalhead.

so once again, it's pointless petty shit because as long as you know what you think, whatever someone ekse says should not matter.

Pssh. He's the one to say that they aren't doing something original.

After the sex pistols and the clash started getting attention, bands, including the buzzcocks popped out of nowhere, overnight, and jumped on the bandwagon, which makes him the original copycat.

The Buzzcocks invited the Sex Pistols to play a show with them in Manchester on June 4th 1976. That invitation turned into the VERY FIRST Sex Pistols gig that everyone fell in love with (members of The Smiths, New order, etc were in attendance at that gig).

Point: Buzzcocks were around FIRST. Just to let you know. =]

Archived