Green Day in a Bookstore

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

Ok. My kid sister came home from school and showed me a preview for a school bookstore thing they were going to have. It was a brochure kind of thing. It had a picutre of a poster of Green Day in it. What is up with that? These little 3rd graders have posteres of Green Day in a school bookstore. I'm not sure what to think of it. What do you think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's kind of the same thing as Green Day posters being in a teen magazine, there's nothing you can do about it, so why let it get to you?

Besides, it's not like 3rd Graders don't have Green Day posters...

I have a grammar book with a small pic of Michael Jackson in the front cover...

What are they trying to promote ? Like those stupid "READ" sings or just a book about GD ?

It's just a poster of the band.

In my school library they have a poster of Britney Spears holding a book and it says on big letters READ.The picture looks like it's been taken when she was still a virgin .

so i guess it's the end of the world then, huh?

....no. According to another thread the end of the world is December 22, 2012.

In my school library they have a poster of Britney Spears holding a book and it says on big letters READ.The picture looks like it's been taken when she was still a virgin .

So it was taken when she was how old, five?

What the fuck.

Who gives a shit if they buy their poster through the school, walmart or music wold, no big deal.

Worry about something worthwhile.

I just think it's obsurd a school function would be promoting Green Day. have nothing against the band...but you've gotta admitt, They aren't exactly school material.

I just think it's obsurd a school function would be promoting Green Day. have nothing against the band...but you've gotta admitt, They aren't exactly school material.

My school was raffling off Green Day concert tickets last September. I doubt any of the school administrators or whatever actually listen to Green Day or know who they are. They just know that that's what the kids like nowadays, so that's what they give them.

My school was raffling off Green Day concert tickets last September. I doubt any of the school administrators or whatever actually listen to Green Day or know who they are. They just know that that's what the kids like nowadays, so that's what they give them.

Yes. It saddens me.

Yes. It saddens me.

Yeah, it is kind of sad but like I said a few posts up, I don't think you should really let it bother you so much because there's nothing you can really do about it.

....no. According to another thread the end of the world is December 22, 2012.

:lol: It'll probably end tommorow. Oh well.

Why?

When I was in 3rd grade I listened to Pioson and Skid Row, so I don't think it's strange that 3rd graders listen to Green Day.

I'm not saying they do. I've listened to Green Day when I was 7...But my sister is in 3rd grade. There are still kindergarteners beneath them. I don't know. I just thought it was weird the have Green Day in a school/reading promoted environment.

I hope someone told Britney what it said.

I agree in that sense. I'm not too sure I would want my kids listening to songs about masterbation at that age. But then again, considering about every little kid nowadays listens to hip-hop, what with their drug references and the mistreating of women, that poster might do em some good.

I agree in that sense. I'm not too sure I would want my kids listening to songs about masterbation at that age. But then again, considering about every little kid nowadays listens to hip-hop, what with their drug references and the mistreating of women, that poster might do em some good.

Yeh. That's exactly what went through my mind when I saw it Atleast it's Green Day, and not 50 cent or some shit

Yeh. That's exactly what went through my mind when I saw it Atleast it's Green Day, and not 50 cent or some shit

I know this is above my age but, damn, I'm worried about our youth, I just met an 8 year old that idolizes the pussycat dolls, it sickens me.

Archived