What role has Green Day played in your life?

Fuzz

I'm going to make a new section for people to write in to share how Green Day has played a role in their life. I need some people to send in some stuff before I post it on the main site so others can have an idea of what we're looking for.

Basically just share how they have helped or changed your life at all. Did their music help change your outlook on life, the world, politics, anything at all?

It should be about half a page to a page in length (lets keep it within those guidelines). Be sure to include your name (or username whatever you want displayed), age and send it to admin@greendayauthority.com with the subject "Green Day's role in my life" or something similar, so I can sort them out easily.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They helped me broaden my knowledge of politics. That started with American Idiot though. Dookie-wise they helped me to feel like I wasn't abnormal. They made me proud to be different. They got me through lots of tough situations and I'm thankful for that.

What role has GREEN DAY played in my life? GREEN DAY is the most important thing in my life!!! Hehe, GREEN DAY is my life, I think :D And don't ask why :thumbsup: I love GREEN DAY :wub:

What role has GREEN DAY played in my life? GREEN DAY is the most important thing in my life!!! Hehe, GREEN DAY is my life, I think :D And don't ask why :thumbsup: I love GREEN DAY :wub:

I'm going to make a new section for people to write in to share how Green Day has played a role in their life. I need some people to send in some stuff before I post it on the main site so others can have an idea of what we're looking for.

Basically just share how they have helped or changed your life at all. Did their music help change your outlook on life, the world, politics, anything at all?

It should be about half a page to a page in length (lets keep it within those guidelines). Be sure to include your name (or username whatever you want displayed), age and send it to admin@greendayauthority.com with the subject "Green Day's role in my life" or something similar, so I can sort them out easily.

just out of interest, because i'll probably do it regardless, but is this a competition-style thing or what; how do you work out who goes up, or will everyone's stuff get put up at the same time? even the inevitable "billy-joe is so hawt and i love him" business?

They play a huge role in my life. I see pictures of em everyday since my room is covered in them. I listen to them everyday. When im sad or upset i go listen to Green Day and you get the feeeling like no matter what your gonna be okay and within minutes your like fuck all my problems im happy again thanx to green day. I guess Green Day is my drug i use to get high "happy, feel positive" type of thing.

Their whole biography of how they started out playing then gotten to bigger gigs and venues and then getting signed to reprise... that sorta makes me feel like i can do anything i want to do.

Theve also shown me not to care what ppl think of me. Not so much green day but punk music is a big part of my life so i guess that attitude has forced onto me for a while now.

They motivate me to practice guitar more often, i now find myself just playing for like 2 hours straight then look at the clcok and think where did the time go.

Theyve also motivated me to start a band.Its a punk/rock/indie group and i play guitar/vocals and songwriter. Which means im the guitarist but i do abit of vocals. We are all big fans of green day but have sworn to ourselves not to sound like a rip off a band that influences.

Well, they are really important in my life, i listgen to them a lot, theyre my favorite band, theyve also motivated me a lot to play my guitar alot more and theyre just great!

:woot:

just out of interest, because i'll probably do it regardless, but is this a competition-style thing or what; how do you work out who goes up, or will everyone's stuff get put up at the same time? even the inevitable "billy-joe is so hawt and i love him" business?

No, not all of them will. I will defenitly keep all those out. I'll just post the ones that I think people would like to read and make some decent original points. I dont want 800 letters all saying the same thing.

gag me

Green Day has changed me a lot. I used to listen to rap, then I listened to the American Idiot album. I haven't listened to rap since. I now listen to Green Day everyday. Their music makes me very emotional, especially Good Riddance. I feel great after I listen to the songs. I've also decided to take up guitar and form a band with my friend M. Dirnt. I feel like I'm now not the same as everybody, and I now have broader political views. It's made me so much different. How anyone could say anything bad about them is beyond me. All 3 of those guys are my heroes. I could go on for like 1,039 hours, but I'll stop right there. I hope they keep making music for a long time, and I know they will.

But do you like Green Day?

They completely changed my opinion on life, the music I listened to, my attitude. Before I listened to Green Day I was a follower. I did whatever I could to make myself "cool" and just followed what the popular kids did. After listening to Green Day I started to get my own kind of style and attitude. I was also really depressed before I started listening to them. I often thought of commiting suicide (though I never would have had the guts too) and I never went out with my friends or anything. I just sat at home. I wanted to quit allt he sports I was in and just do nothing. I don't know. I just started listening to Green Day and a lot of other bands similar to them and it just made me want to do things. I know it probably sounds pretty weird but they just changed my outlook on things.

umm recently they are helping me quit baseball.

they made me realize there is nothing wrong with not fitting in

guitar

bunch o other shit

sorry,but why are people posting here?...arent we supost to send it in? :huh:

thats what I thought too :ermm:

I won't lie or deny anything, but they really helped me find myself. They helped me find someone to look up to -- them. And like, actually be able to know what I want to do with my life. Helping me to be able to have them guide me. I love what they are doing, and what they have been doing. All their ideas are brilliant to me. I don't just wanna be another teenie or another useless junkie, I wanna make something and be an individual and be 'the minority' And I think that they will always be my favorite band, people, and role models.

Archived