Green Day in teen magazines / Girls mags

Pan.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only spelled irrelavent wrong. Get over yourself. Yes. I do suppose I'm the one making the fool of myself. But who cares because I know Billie and he's a cool guy. It doesn't matter that there are two other guys in Green Day. Billie is the hottest and the coolest because, remember, I know him. :ermm:

I only spelled irrelavent wrong. Get over yourself.

You've also misspelled "statements."

Yes. I do suppose I'm the one making the fool of myself. But who cares because I know Billie and he's a cool guy.

You know..him?

getting back to the convo, i read rolling stone, cosmo and vogue

I can't say that I have ever bought one - but most magazines do have some misrepresentations (or rather "fake" qualities) in them. As for putting GD in them - magazines will print what will sell, and GD sells now.

I would just say don't buy them unless you want to spend your money on trash.

my friend buys heaps and gives me the green day articles and other stuff like that. i only read em when i'm desperate and bored.

my main problem with them is their fixation with image.

like for example. the foo fighters album was number one for about 6 weeks or something, and jesse mcartney's album bombed.

but they persist in putting poster after poster of jesse mcartney in.

i mean, some people might say they don't want to conform to whats number one. but i say they don't want the foo fighters there cos they're an ugmo band.

my other problems with them:

1. always feature album reveiws for artists such as yellowcard but never actually run an article on em.

2. they seem to be oblivious to the fact that half the 'punk' bands they feature are about as punk as my ass.

3. the words 'hottie' and 'so hot right now' are repeatedly used.

4. talk about perpetrating stupid emo stereotypes! have you READ what half these magazines think emo is?

5. endless 'fashion' pages which are just pictures of clothes.

6. they're very hypocritical. i read dolly magazine and on one page it said 'BE YOURSELF' and the next page it says 'HOW TO BE MISCHA BARTON'. :huh:

my friend buys heaps and gives me the green day articles and other stuff like that. i only read em when i'm desperate and bored.

like for example. the foo fighters album was number one for about 6 weeks or something, and jesse mcartney's album bombed.

i mean, some people might say they don't want to conform to whats number one. but i say they don't want the foo fighters there cos they're an ugmo band.

1. always feature album reveiws for artists such as yellowcard but never actually run an article on em.

2. they seem to be oblivious to the fact that half the 'punk' bands they feature are about as punk as my ass.

4. talk about perpetrating stupid emo stereotypes! have you READ what half these magazines think emo is?

6. they're very hypocritical. i read dolly magazine and on one page it said 'BE YOURSELF' and the next page it says 'HOW TO BE MISCHA BARTON'. :huh:

i hate dolly its full of shit

I don't know how are yours, but the magazines in my country are the most idiot thing on earth. I buy them when is a poster with my favourite band, or an article with good photos, of course, I don't read the article, because after that are two possibilities: you die laughing, or kill yourself. It's so much shit and lies in this magazines...last month in a Green Day ,,interview,, Billie Joe was ,,saying,, that the new album will be called Dookie, and it will be released this summer....The people who makes this magazines are really retard.... :unsure:

I know... they are usually wrong... They ask fans of the magazine to send in stuff and what they think of people, and someone will send in like, oh i hate simple plan (example) and they'le be like, "NO YOU'R TOTALLY WRONG THEIR THE BEST BAND EVER!!!! You shouldn't have sent that in." They asked for the viewers opinions and that what they got, and then they complain about it. Half the article's are also fake... their crap... i only buy them for the posters and pics

They actually have false information alot of the time, they'll get mixed up between band members, I don't get how you can do that and they always get thier ages wrong, just simple information.

Can you count Kerrang! as teenie mag?

cause I bought one Kerrang,when Green Day were on the cover..

But I think I would not even buy such stupid teen mags,even if they would have Green Day as a poster in there.. :ermm:

I don't read them. I don't buy them. Teen magazines are... pink. Yuck. And if there's a poster of band I like girls from my class give it to me. They are addicted to them.

I destest teen magizines...they're so cringeworthy. Which is what I do every time I see Green Day featured in one of them!

I have an older sister who is 14 and gets about 5 of them a month, i mean, who reads that shit????? Although she gives me the green day poster that are in them :ph34r:

Can you count Kerrang! as teenie mag?

cause I bought one Kerrang,when Green Day were on the cover..

But I think I would not even buy such stupid teen mags,even if they would have Green Day as a poster in there.. :ermm:

I buy Kerrang! :huh: I don't wouldnt count it as a teenie magazine...

I hate them. Oh how i hate them. I buy them when Green Day is in them to scan them for GDA, but i hate doing it. I dont like giving my money for that, but I figure if i buy it, scan it, and share it on GDA. Less people will spend money on it. yay.

why dont you ask someone else to do it? put a request up on gda, im sure some 13 year old (hopefully female) teenie will be glad to do it.

:lol::lol::lol: What DO they think emo is?

My friend (a chick) she brought one in and she was acting so serious about it and I was pissing myself laughing. It doesn't help that I'm a guy either...

The "How to ask a guy to have sex" bits are so stupid and are not even worth it! I would never go fuck someone if they came up to me and started reading the "adivce" out of dolly or something :down:

i don't buy them unless there is something good on gd in them, and usually there isn't.

Archived