Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

Guest 16PaperLanterns

today i was at the mall waiting in line; i was thinking about how a store had a dookie shirt, and suddenly the bass line to 'when i come around' came on. yay. :happy:

American Idiot in a cd store

i know that's not weird, but i haven't heard any green day song in another public place :P

oh yes, i remember

i heard NGFL in an MTV show called "Joystickeros"

Sorry for being stupid, but what does NGFL stand for? I can't think of any songs that stand for that...OH!!! Nevermind.

I heard Holiday when I was waiting for my mom to get her hair cut at a beauty parlor place.

I heard "Waiting" played at the juniors section of Hechts.

I also heard "Wake Me Up..." in the contemporary section of Bloomingdales.

i fucking hate hearing them on kids bop and hearing kids singing it and sucking at the same time and ruining the whole meaning of the song

.Yesterday, before the game Argentina against Holland, there was promo on the T.V

On the game... and what my sister and I heard - welcome to paradise.

There pot only the last line of the song. But still it was so funny and we were excited about that....

:)

Guest 16PaperLanterns

i would say it was weird to hear WMUWSE, Holiday, BOBD and American Idiot at my orthodontist's, with the orthodontist's assistants singing along, but they do that with every song. most recently Dani California.

it was weird the first time, though.

I was watching the footy and there was this little segment about some footy player and they were playing BOBD.

I actually heard it being played out of some kids boombox in the bathroom, besides the pot they were smoking (you wanna know how they got the money for the boombox :lol: ) it was preety awsome sitting down with complete strangers and sharing dookie ( I know great album for a bathroom) They were preety cool with it, hey it best fucking stoner time!

Yeah. I think it is Warning, but it also sounds a lot like that song they use on those commercials where the people put the square up to there head and it makes a picture. It's like "Picture something, take them of you something, take them of your brother, a long time ago." Anyone following me?

The song you're thinking of is "Picture Book" by The Kinks.

Once, I was at a concert venue waiting for a local concert to start and befor hand they were playing the Dookie CD. What surprised me about it is that it is a christian concert. and Green Day are far from christian... I also heard it one day at a school assebaly. It was Longview!

I saw Green Day in Montreal last September, and the night before my boyfriend and I went to a gay strip club called l'Adonis... when we walked in there was a HOT guy upside down on the stripper pole while Wake Me Up When September Ends was playing. Throughout the night we saw strippers dancing to Basket Case and Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). I thought... these boys are amazing! Hahaha!!!

I was watching the footy and there was this little segment about some footy player and they were playing BOBD.

only in the afl..

dont think that would happen in the nrl

I heard WMUWSE in JC Penny's once. It's not really all that strange but it was the first time I'd ever heard a Green Day song in public. I made my sister stop moving around so we could stand under the speaker. :P

And why do they play When I Come Around in grocery stores?

OH! I almost forgot! Sobeys (a huge grocerie store corporation in Canada) used to have Poprocks & Coke on their mix cd that was played in all their stores. But read my previous post, it's MUCH more interesting. LOL

I was strolling through my local grocery store when I heard WMUWSE playing...let's just say I didn't go to the checkout until the song was over :)

At my schools "Puttin on the Hits" talent show, even though thats not really a werid place. American Idiot, but it was only like the first 20 seconds of it (cause it was a mix of really really random songs) and they were playing foam guitars, which was kinda of funny.

Oh yea, and also at our county Fair, the Equestrian Drill Team had Walking Contradiction somewhere in their performance.

I just remembered..

There were three eigth graders at the end of the school year that were playing covers of some of their favorite songs during lunch. I was outside and my friend Libby came out to tell me that they were playing American Idiot. I only heard a little bit of it because the teachers weren't letting us come in and listen :down: . They were guarding the door heavily. Anyways, I thought that was a little strange.

i heard when i come around at the IGA on the radio its weird cuz i live in a hick town surrounded

by thousands and thousands of cows it was cool though they usually play country which im not against

but they always play the stupid ones about how wonderful america is and living in a trailer i know none

of them country song writers live in a fucking trailer ok im done now