Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

I work at Dillard's Department store in Charleston, South Carolina. They have a loop of music continually playing, and to my surprise, Stray Heart is in the mix now.   I'm not sure why they chose that song? I can only guess the person in charge of the sound track at Dillard's is a Green Day fan! Makes my day :)

PS Go Rams! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not weird, but I was watching the Detriot Redwings Vs. Chicago Blackhawks last night and they played American Idiot during one of the play stopages. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, squashie09 said:

Not weird, but I was watching the Detriot Redwings Vs. Chicago Blackhawks last night and they played American Idiot during one of the play stopages. 

Did you know that Holiday is the Canucks goal song?

3 hours ago, duckez said:

Really? That’s... interesting.

Good Riddance at weddings. 

Okay, granted, I've never been to a wedding, but from a I know, a lot of people play that at weddings. WHAT THE FUCK THAT SONG IS FOR THE OPPOSITE OF GETTING MARRIED like blast that through your speaker right after you get divorced or something

21 hours ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

Good Riddance at weddings. 

Okay, granted, I've never been to a wedding, but from a I know, a lot of people play that at weddings. WHAT THE FUCK THAT SONG IS FOR THE OPPOSITE OF GETTING MARRIED like blast that through your speaker right after you get divorced or something

Yep, and played at funerals too.  It’s one of the great “ people have no idea why this song is about but hear a ballad” jobs.  All they hear is “I hope you had the time of your life” and off they go 😂😂

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Yep, and played at funerals too.  It’s one of the great “ people have no idea why this song is about but hear a ballad” jobs.  All they hear is “I hope you had the time of your life” and off they go 😂😂

I can't help but find it funny when people play it at funerals, just because of the fact that it's called Good Riddance.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's really wrong for most scenarios, I think it's funny it became the go to prom song, or maybe that was irony! The schools all think the kids are saying oh it was great when in reality they are saying now fuck off out of life 😂

3 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

I can't help but find it funny when people play it at funerals, just because of the fact that it's called Good Riddance.😂

Well, it's either that or Ha Ha You're Dead.

• Haha 2

It was play at my high school graduation. Hilarious to me then, and even more so now. It felt like it was literally a "Good Riddance" to the majority of my classmates. And of course our walkout song was White Snake "Here I go Again".

• Haha 1

Today "She" played at my work and then later "Waiting" came on at the place I went to get lunch. It was like Green Day was haunting me, but in the best way ever.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:13 AM, duckez said:

Was the Canucks goal song. Not anymore :(

12 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Was the Canucks goal song. Not anymore :(

It came back for the 2018-2019 season, I think. Unless they changed it in the last week or so

11 hours ago, duckez said:

It came back for the 2018-2019 season, I think. Unless they changed it in the last week or so

Holy shit you're right ! Now I know the team I'm gonna play with in NHL 19 on ps4

Good riddance (time of your life) was played at the start of "something to wrestle with...Bruce Prichard" on Friday. There's speculation the podcast is winding down because Bruce has been hired by WWE

• 3 weeks later...

Blvd Of Broken Dreams as a lead in to to the morning news story of the Oakland Marathon on the mornings news today.  It is an Oakland news station and they were talking some Green Day today.

• 2 months later...

I heard Boulevard and WMUWSE at a resturant. Just the fact that I heard them both in the span of like 9 minutes apart from each other when other songs played as well is strange. Unfortunately everyone at my table was talking up a storm, and I could barely hear it. 

My thoughts consisted of: SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

• Haha 1

A geeky fandom store (Box Lunch) in my local mall was playing Minority when I walked in and then two songs later they played Pop Rocks and Coke. I was impressed that was a serious deep track to hear in the mall. 

• Like 1

Not a weird place as such, but it gave us goosebumps. This all took place within 3 minutes. 

In Huntingdon beach, we'd just been to re-create the Billie pizza wings photo at cruisers. In cruisers itself, they were playing Bohemian Rhapsody, which set us off being hyper sensitive whilst taking the photos!  We then walked back round the corner to the car, past the back of a fast food place, the kitchen door was open and they were blasting out boulevard of broken dreams. We grabbed each other, with tears in our eyes, it all got too weird! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I go to the Oakland A's games and they always play a Green Day song!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

In the pre-operating room, while I was getting a nerve block injected into my arm and was slightly sedated, they were playing Good Riddance. I’m not sure if it was a radio station or an internal playlist but it cracked me up. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Outside a public toilet at the beach an 8 year old was singing BOBD but I tried not to take much notice because he was 8 & I was near a public toilet😴

• Haha 2