Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

I just heard Still Breathing at Dick's Sporting Goods. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the phone, I heard Longview. LoL That was last year when I called a transport company for my job. The girl put me on hold while Longview was playing. And she answered me back right when the song ended. She was like «I'm sorry to have put you on hold.» My answer was «It was alright. I got to listen to a song from my favorite band.» Her reply: «Oh! Do you want me to put you back on hold?» XD

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I used to be a carer. Whilst in an elderly gentleman's home, 'Basket Case' came on the radio. I was cleaning up feaces that had dried and stuck to his anus and genitalia. I can't listen to that song without the memory of that faithful morning luring it's ugly head.

I win.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I was walking around the mall and I heard Welcome To Paradise playing when I walked by Abercrombie and Fitch. Back in middle school people who wore Abercrombie and Fitch would call me gay for liking Green Day. I also got called gay for wearing chuck taylors. Middle school was the worst.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 8:05 AM, Kyle Serlington said:

Yesterday I was walking around the mall and I heard Welcome To Paradise playing when I walked by Abercrombie and Fitch. Back in middle school people who wore Abercrombie and Fitch would call me gay for liking Green Day. I also got called gay for wearing chuck taylors. Middle school was the worst.

Haha, some people are awful. This probably sounds fake as hell, but I got beat up once for "being a member of ISIS" because my shirt had Russian text on it.

• Confused 1

I once heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams on a pet store, i mean, listening to BoBD isn't that unusual, but on a pet store in Portugal? in my city? i was like 3 or 4, it was 2004 or 2005 but i can remember everything, because i fell on a giant aquarium xD good memories, that's why i also started liking Green Day, i was little when American Idiot came out, but what my mom told me is that i was like 2 and i heard Minority on the radio and i started laughing and just being happy :D and so she made me a cd with 2 or 3 songs of each album, excluding 1039. I remember it had No One Knows, Hitchin' A Ride, My Generation.. it even had Closing Time by Semisonic which at the time a lot of people thought it was by Green Day for some reason.. Then in 2004, American Idiot came out and i problably heard the album too may times..

• 3 weeks later...

I volunteer in a charity shop once a month. When I was there yesterday, Time of Your Life shuffled on the managers IPod. I was walking around the shop smiling :D

My mam is watching 'Coronation Street', and I can hear WICA playing in the background of the Rovers Return pub.:D

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not Green Day but Coverups related — I’m in Whole Foods and they’re playing Whole Wide World. I’ve never heard that song anywhere. Bizarre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I just was about to exit Five Guys, I heard Holiday. Had the biggest smile on my face while looking up at the ceiling speakers. :dance:

I was in the gym and they played emenius sleepus on the radio over the speakers. Ive heard green day get played there plenty of times though hearing that song played on the radio was really strange

• Haha 1

Last summer, I had to take a double flight to get home from vacation since it was less expensive at the moment. 

After I got off the first flight, I heard Good Riddance on the way to the gate for the next flight. Then when I got onto the second flight, I caught Brain Stew. 041675a9011e809ae8750221c791af27.jpg

-Revolution Radio (minus Youngblood) on an Air China flight from Melbourne to Shanghai, and again from Shanghai to Munich.

-Still Breathing during the Winter Olympics after they returned from an ad break.

-Wake Me Up When September Ends in my mother's Spotify playlist.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching the Leafs vs Sabres game in Buffalo and just heard Back In The USA during a stoppage in play. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

A really annoying kid in my class started playing boulevard of broken dreams in class one day while we we’re doing work and i just walked over to his desk and screamed I LOVE THIS SONG and started singing. He was really wierded out but at least my teacher was oblivious to it all😂

• 2 months later...

I forgot that this topic existed. Not a weird place, but mostly a weird timing.

Last August 21st, I went in the old Port of Montreal with a coworker. We walked by the Jacques-Cartier pier. We couldn't get on it because some workers were preparing an event. So, as we walked in front of it, I told my coworker that it has been 8 years on this exact date that I saw GD for the first time in concert on the Jacques-Cartier pier. Right after I said that, we heard Good Riddance starting to play on the radio from one of the stores that is located in front of the pier.

I just heard BOBD on the radio on a bus this morning on my way to university. I know that's not really a weird place to hear GD but hearing GD at all outside of my own choice is rare

• 3 months later...

Pretty surprised when I walked in to do some outlet shopping to hear Ordinary World playing.  I was wearing an AI tshirt as well😄