Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

On 30/11/2016 at 11:19 PM, crock6000 said:

It's weird that I JUST thought of this as I randomly saw the thread and the irony is soooo amazing but I heard a elevator music version of American Idiot in Trump Tower somewhere many years ago. It wasn't in the elevator though.  It was playing in the background of an empty banquet hall and I remember thinking that it was weird but not because of Trump. Who knew?

Speaking of which? Remember when Billie tweeted about "What the fuck is he doing here?"  when this happened at the premiere of AIM. Or maybe he said it in Cuatro. Don't remember.

Billie said that in 2010. It's included in Broadway Idiot.

Edited by Second favourite son
Please remove images when quoting
  • Like 1

Weirdest place?

School, during a History class, with my teacher dancing through the desks saying "how beautiful is this song!". It was BLVD of Broken Dreams. The best way not to get bored in a Roman empire lesson.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Weirdest place?

School, during a History class, with my teacher dancing through the desks saying "how beautiful is this song!". It was BLVD of Broken Dreams. The best way not to get bored in a Roman empire lesson.

Haha that's so cool! :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, Roman Empire was a cool time. 

The problem of history classes is that they usually reduce everything to lists of names, dates and facts and the actually interesting/fun stuff doesn't get mentioned.

Exactly. We just memorize meaningless dates and facts, ignoring any beauty of the Roman culture.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Exactly. We just memorize meaningless dates and facts, ignoring any beauty of the Roman culture.

Yeah, that's what we do too and on top of this the teacher is a royal dick. Literally the only reason why he hasn't been fired yet is that he's an union leader. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

I remember.  The problem with history in school is that it's biased and bullshit.  You want to learn about the Revolutionary War, don't read a book about it written by an American.  The victors write the history books and what they learn in England as opposed to here is a lot different.

They learn that we didn't "kick their ass and send them home".  It was sort of like the Iraq war.  The government (the monarchy at the time, KGIII) didn't want to just give up America but the British people were getting tired of sending their husbands and children across the world to a place they didn't care about and knew they would never even see in their lifetime so they just stopped caring.  Had they been all in, they could have taken America out like a candle but you can't make people willing to die for something they don't care about.  It makes sense if you think about it.  The defecting Brits were trying to escape the monarchy and taxation so that we could build the utopian society that we have now.  LOL.

Just goes to show you how stupid borders really are.  Pure enlightenment will come when there are no borders, no possessions, and no religion.  You may think I am a dreamer but I am not the only one.  Me and John.

You hit the nail on the head with this. Btw, what we learned about the Rev. War was the American point of view (unsurprisingly), there was one lesson dedicated to it. I never thought about the British side of this - that's the problem with history in school: it's not about analyzing the events or drawing parallels with our present, it's memorizing loads of information with putting very little thought into it. I always have about 6 pages of notes from each lesson, it takes effort to write it all down fast enough - there's no time to think about it. 

• Like 1

Ugh I hated History! It didn't help that the most boring part (for me anyway) was Irish politics/changes in life in Ireland over the years, which unfortunately, was about 40% of the entire exam!

• Like 3

Getting back on topic........

Tonight I was at a bar with some friends after work. There was a radio station with sports talk, it must have been like Sirius or something. Anyway, they took a commercial break and when it came back on "We Are the Waiting" was playing in the background. I whipped my head around to look at where it was coming from but then it was over. It only played for a few seconds. I though that was pretty cool to hear and a unique song choice since it's not really a well known song.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2016 at 4:38 PM, The Peacemaker567 said:

I heard a live version of who wrote Holden Caulfield in a Walmart.

Gotta call BS on that... no offense.  Walmart?  Where Green Day has a feud with them by not selling their albums?  You're lie mad me cry in laughter.  I heard Horseshoes and Hand Grenades at my church when there was a funeral for a 6 year old cancer patient.  I couldn't believe it!!!  People drank a lot of Jesus' blood and women were going crazy in their pews.  Amen to the women who wanted holy water splashed on their breasts.   A live version of a song from Green Day in Walmart.  You must repent.  

My guess is when he heard it, it had to have been a fan working there that put it on. So the next question would be, why didn't you hear anything else from Awesome As F**k? Would be weird for them to just put on one song, and also, that specific one. I personally would want to find them and be like wow, good song choice.

• Like 2

They're playing BOBD on the snooker coverage on BBC!  It's on a VT about how a lot of players don't earn that much, so it's just them walking round dark streets with their cues, leaning on walls and lampposts as facts about snooker players and their earnings are up on the screen.  Seriously one of the weirdest things I've ever watched :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

They're playing BOBD on the snooker coverage on BBC!  It's on a VT about how a lot of players don't earn that much, so it's just them walking round dark streets with their cues, leaning on walls and lampposts as facts about snooker players and their earnings are up on the screen.  Seriously one of the weirdest things I've ever watched :lol: 

I was just about to post this! I was upstairs and mum messaged me to say Green Day was being played on the snooker :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not a weird place, but nevertheless unexpected. Yesterday I joined a concert evening in the local bar. Two bands were announced, one school band, and another one with guys in their early 20´s, I´d say. The music was said to be German punk/punkrock/rock. I attended the show just to find out what kind of music young people in my town would listen to, aaaand because I hardly ever see teenagers in my home town. ;-) So I was just curious, who would come and see them. First it looked I was the only old fart among a handful of teenagers. But when the first band started, the room was crowded. Many young people, but also middle aged ones, a fine mixture of generations.

The first band started with an old Green Day song! I wasn´t expecting that. And they went on, playing many very old Green Day stuff up to the AI era. And really good! I was both surprised and enthusiastic. The second band played mostly German punkrock, but then, just in between - Green Day again!

So I had a wonderful Green Day evening, totally unexpected, and now I know what young people in my town like to listen to. Good people. ;-)

• Like 1

Good Riddance was quoted at a church gathering for one of my buddies :lol:

My dad was watching a college basketball game last week and I swear I heard one of the bands play Welcome to Paradise.  I wanted to rewind to be sure but dad wouldn't let me.

• 2 months later...

My redneck neighbor leaves his radio on when he's away to make people think there is somebody home and I heard Oh Love play on it the other day.

• Like 1

I remember recently during my school's "pre show" (basically a thing before our morning announcements where they show a slideshow and play music) I heard Still Breathing. Sadly, I walked in near the end of the song :(

• Like 1

Probably one of the weirdest places I've heard Green Day was when I was sandwiched into the back of a minibus with five other people (with no air conditioning) speeding through Bosnia and suddenly Good Riddance came on amongst all the very traditional stuff on the radio. It was quite a bizarre moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

I heard "Espionage" playing last night during game 1 of the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals on TV. It was played almost in its entirety at PPG Paints Arena while the game was stopped because they were reviewing a call.

One time I was walking home from school and a car drives by with its windows down, blasting "St. Jimmy."

Another time I was in a Hot Topic store and they were playing "Pulling Teeth."

One time I heard "Extraordinary Girl" on the radio, which is a very rare song to hear played anywhere, let alone the radio!

20 minutes ago, lightningbolt99999 said:

I heard "Espionage" playing last night during game 1 of the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals on TV. It was played almost in its entirety at PPG Paints Arena while the game was stopped because they were reviewing a call.

I heard that too!

Also i heard a few weeks ago a guy blasting whatsername while driving near me

Not really weird, just good to hear them playing it- Still Breathing during a rain delay at the Sox game the other day.  Also was played at the gym I go to, which is weird, since they always play pop stuff.

• Like 1

On tv, there's a channel that's called telefe, Its editor always use green day as a soundtrack of their publicity, i love that guy:rolleyes:

On 2006-2-20 at 6:04 PM, BassChick_GD said:

in a furniture store.

and my grandmother's house?

You've the coolest grandma!

22 hours ago, Smitty said:

I heard that too!

Also i heard a few weeks ago a guy blasting whatsername while driving near me

When i found those people in the street i want to shout them ''BROOO''