Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

I heard Basket Case played in a 'Popworld' club down here in Southampton UK around a month ago. For those who don't know their a chain of British Nightclubs that specializes in mostly playing pop and chart music you'd hear at family weddings and kids discos. So from La Bamba and Hit Me Baby One More Time to Basket Case threw me.

Currently working at an after school centre and I was pushing some kids on the swings and a car comes driving from the high school nearby and they were blasting Holiday. 

It was weird and awesome. Had to fight the urge to  ditch the kids and run after them :lol:

• Like 3

I heard Give Me Novocaine on the radio yesterday.  I couldn't believe it!  It was never a single or anything.  

• Like 1

Getting my hair cut today at a new salon and the American Idiot cast version of 21 Guns came on the radio and me being the goober that I am, I had to explain to the lady cutting my hair about the song and how I had been to see the musical in London recently, blah, blah, blah. Then WMUWSE came on and I just kept my mouth shut.

Lucky! That's awesome! :D

• 1 month later...

About 1 month ago while I was getting my hair cut I heard When I Come Around,I almost screamed and a lady was just sitting there looking at me like "You are so wierd im not even going to ask."

• Like 1

They played "Know Your Enemy" at all of my nephew's football games and last week they played it twice. That drumming at the beginning is pretty epic and gets you pumped up. Even though I don't really like the song I got excited when I heard it and was dancing and singing. Yes, I was the embarrassing Aunt. LOL

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 4:07 AM, ellarose said:

Basket Case techno remix at the gym!!

How did sound as a techno song? I cant picture how that song would work.

We played Good Riddance and Hall of Fame by The Script during our seniors' farewell. It was weird because I used to attend a Convent school and we all were pretty sure the nuns would tell us to play "Make me an instrument of your peace" or something. 

1 hour ago, Private Ale. said:

i heard Oh Love in a tv show, since my country don' t know much about green day,it was weird.

Where are you from? Just curious.

15 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Where are you from? Just curious.

Turkey.therefore i have broken english and no big hopes for seeing Green Day live.

• 8 months later...

I was walking home from school last year and i heard this piano coming from the house  i was walking past. They had a big window that i could glance in from on the sidewalk (sounds creepier than it was) and it was this older lady. I quickly realized she was playing ¡Viva la gloria! I just wanted to shout out loud i was so happy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeldachick14 said:

I was walking home from school last year and i heard this piano coming from the house  i was walking past. They had a big window that i could glance in from on the sidewalk (sounds creepier than it was) and it was this older lady. I quickly realized she was playing ¡Viva la gloria! I just wanted to shout out loud i was so happy. 

What do you consider as an "older lady" 😏

Just now, Tinkle said:

What do you consider as an "older lady" 😏

She was at least 50 something

• Like 1

It wasn't a song as such but my friend and I were at a bingo event at a gay bar (involving drag queens lip syncing to chart songs and disco hits), and one of them at some point made a reference to waking them up when September ends. I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the whole bar who got the reference. :lol: 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Just heard Still Breathing on the MLB playoffs with Giants and Mets. They played it after coming back from commercial. You could here it played in the stadium.

Was just gonna post the same thing! Though my husbands at the game and said it's not from the stadium...must be from ESPN