Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

I was in this bar where all the local artsy kids go, conservatory students, band guys, art majors, the lot. There's a guitar, one of those guys (in a fucking fedora hat, mind you) picks it up and starts playing BOBD and 21 Guns to his table of full of other art students. I was like, "hi fellow posers". 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Outside a public toilet at the beach an 8 year old was singing BOBD but I tried not to take much notice because he was 8 & I was near a public toilet😴

I literally snorted with laughter reading this. 🤣

• Like 1

Rohan outdoor clothing shop where everything is so dull, sensible, practical but good quality and I heard..... American Idiot.  Then realised it was my ringtone 😂😂

• Haha 1

Not super random, but I was in Pisa, Italy this past summer. I was wearing a tee with the "Basket Case" album art on it at this small, hip brunch place. The servers were all mid-twenties like myself. I think they noticed my shirt cause after I got my food, they put Basket Case over the speakers. 

Even without speaking the language, the love of Green Day shined through!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was in a pharmacy with my brother
I was going to pay while he started saying me "ehi! ehi!" and I was like "wtf?" 
Then I realize there was Boulevard of Broken Dreams on the radio 😂

20 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

Not super random, but I was in Pisa, Italy this past summer. I was wearing a tee with the "Basket Case" album art on it at this small, hip brunch place. The servers were all mid-twenties like myself. I think they noticed my shirt cause after I got my food, they put Basket Case over the speakers. 

Even without speaking the language, the love of Green Day shined through!

Thanks God we don't have only rap and trap music here in these years 😂

A little off topic but I went to a school fete* years a go and the dude operating the kids merry-go-round was playing all 90s punk bangers.. stuff like pennywise,  gimme gimmes etc

*fete is like a mini carnival schools put on to raise money

• Like 1

Not a weird place but I heard Turn Me Loose when I went to five guys in the uk last year, which is weird since I hardly even hear green Day here. Also went to spain and ordinary world was on in a McDonald’s there 

• 3 weeks later...

At a drag race (the car kind, not rupauls lmao) they were playing Twisted Sister, Van Halen, and Kiss stuff over the speakers, and then they played Good Riddance. It sounded extremely out of place amongst all the hair metal hahaha but I enjoyed it

Last year, in Finland, Kokkola town pizzeria. It was winter, cold, dark, lots of snow and ice. I recently broke up HARD with my ex-gf, and the thoughts reflected the surroundings, and vice-versa. I was on a scientific project meeting there in Finland, I was sitting there after work and talking with my German colleague... and then Boulevard Of Broken Dreams started playing. Most hopeless, but beautiful place where I heard Green Day.

• 2 months later...

Jesus of Suburbia was playing in an elevator. Pretty sure it was there shorter radio edit, I was dancing and singing along and didn't realize the elevator stopping. Some strangers looked at me like I was crazy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was snorkling in the sewer cathederals on Neptune and "Whatshername" just started playing.

I made that up.  I need to scroll through and see whay qualifies as a weird place. 

I've heard Green Day songs at all the stores I've worked at, and most of the ones I've shopped at.  You can probably guess which acoustic single from Nimrod, right? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

I was snorkling in the sewer cathederals on Neptune and "Whatshername" just started playing.

I made that up.  I need to scroll through and see whay qualifies as a weird place. 

I've heard Green Day songs at all the stores I've worked at, and most of the ones I've shopped at.  You can probably guess which acoustic single from Nimrod, right? 

I heard Wild One on Venus once

• Like 1

I heard the Bullet In a Bible live version of Longview in a filthy little pub in Prague once. The waitress was singing along which is nice.

9 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I heard Wild One on Venus once

Only songs that start with W are played on other planets.  Ever notice that? 

I once heard Jackass on but they introduced it as "What's in a Name?" which is.....ironic. 

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Only songs that start with W are played on other planets.  Ever notice that? 

I once heard Jackass on but they introduced it as "What's in a Name?" which is.....ironic. 

Willy Wonka on lead

I just remembered that years ago when I went to York I stepped out of a shop and St Jimmy was booming from a nearby stall in a marketplace  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I heard Hitchin' a Ride on the radio once. That and Macy's Day Parade (which isn't an odd choice for radio, but it was still kinda surprising).

32 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

I heard Hitchin' a Ride on the radio once. That and Macy's Day Parade (which isn't an odd choice for radio, but it was still kinda surprising).

You heard Hitchin' a Ride or Hit the Road Jack?

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You heard Hitchin' a Ride or Hit the Road Jack?

Hitchin' a Ride. It was the first Green Day song I'd ever heard on the radio. 

• 3 years later...

Just heard Billie's version of I Think We're Alone now at the grocery store.  I've heard GD played at the grocery store before, but this was a surprise.  I almost forgot my tomatoes.

• Haha 2

My dad heard American Idiot in a Żabka (Polish convenience store chain)