kth

Star Wars

justcause

aww, they're not that bad...episode 3 is pretty awesome. i guess i just find all the history of it interesting. I wanna know more of what it was like when the republic was formed. When they had their first war. what was young Yoda like?

Well, I guess that's what the imagination's for.

Yoda would have been basically born old, I would say; for me, a little of him goes a long way - too much Yoda and I start thinking about The Muppet Show. Mark Hamill's acting in Empire made Yoda real, and I feel like they just about got away with it. I'm not a huge fan of the creatures - barring Chewbacca; I prefer the humans, and the robotics are just a slight stretch of the imagination.

The great thing about Star Wars is that it was the first sci-fi that looked 'real' - beat-up spacecraft, low-tech homesteads, loads of parallels that made you feel at home; so that when Luke looks up at the sky, and there's two moons, it has real impact.

sarah!

Yoda would have been basically born old, I would say; for me, a little of him goes a long way - too much Yoda and I start thinking about The Muppet Show. Mark Hamill's acting in Empire made Yoda real, and I feel like they just about got away with it. I'm not a huge fan of the creatures - barring Chewbacca; I prefer the humans, and the robotics are just a slight stretch of the imagination.

The great thing about Star Wars is that it was the first sci-fi that looked 'real' - beat-up spacecraft, low-tech homesteads, loads of parallels that made you feel at home; so that when Luke looks up at the sky, and there's two moons, it has real impact.

i can't say any of that better :)

woven_basketcase

i only like Star Wars because Billie, Mike & Tré like Star Wars. :rolleyes:

just kidding. those movie are really good, and make you thing outside the box. or earth.

i have a love-obsession with Darth Vader and Luke. and have been since i was 3. :)

Spaceballs was really good too... :eyebrows:

Brain Stew

aww, they're not that bad...episode 3 is pretty awesome. i guess i just find all the history of it interesting. I wanna know more of what it was like when the republic was formed. When they had their first war. what was young Yoda like?

Well, I guess that's what the imagination's for.

Well yeah, I'm interested in the history too, but Lucas really fucked up the whole movie. The acting was bad the dialogue worse and everything was so obviously computer made. I love the old ones where all the ships and all are hand made miniatures, makes it look way more real.

justcause

i only like Star Wars because Billie, Mike & Tré like Star Wars. :rolleyes:

just kidding. those movie are really good, and make you thing outside the box. or earth.

i have a love-obsession with Darth Vader and Luke. and have been since i was 3. :)

Spaceballs was really good too... :eyebrows:

The Force is strong with you, young Armstrong - but you are not a Jedi yet..... depends on the new album... :)

belficat

Unexpected maybe, but I'm a big star wars fan! Anyone else with me??

JunkiexHeart

There was a thread in general wasnt there?

BUT YEAH, I love it.

Got me a lifesize cardboard cut out and everything.

Yvonne

I don't like it at all. Not that I don't like science fiction because I do. But just the whole serie/movie itself. I dunno how to explain. It just doesn't look good :/ ...

justcause

There has to be a Star Wars thread, for crying out loud, so here it is, Jedis.

The first Star Wars trilogy was the experience that defined a whole generation, and has become a cultural touchstone. It also revived the science fiction genre, and paved the way for such movies as Blade Runner (which is worthy of its own thread) Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and eventually E.T. - which I hate.

Star Wars is a classic journey story, with elements of the Arthurian legend and the story of Jesus, so it's no wonder a lot of people (ok, Mike Dirnt!) classify it as religion. Fuck, it's as good as any, and what it lacks in eternal life it makes up for in light sabers.

Lord of the Rings covers the same sort of territory, too, and is probably this generation's Star Wars.

Luke Skywalker is the man of destiny who sacrifices everything for the greater good, and suffers big-time in the course of it. He also has a kind of dodgy relationship with Princess Leia, who turns out to be his sister, until they got the plot sorted out in The Empire Strikes Back, my favourite part of the trilogy. Han Solo is your classic rebel outsider guy who has a heart of gold, comes thru in the end, and gets the girl. I think Luke gets a medal, but then as another great man says, nice guys finish last!

So - anybody out there in the galaxy want to talk Obi-Wan, Chewbacca and Jabba the Hut? Or the second trilogy, although I've only seen the first of those, and I thought it sucked.

Shit - I just found the other Star Wars thread! Sorry folks, it's late, brain not functioning good...!

Somebody merge me! :)

agirlcalledkill

this thread's cooler than the other one, no worries :cool:

Star Wars is my ultimate obsession. i love everything about it.

belficat

this thread's cooler than the other one, no worries :cool:

Star Wars is my ultimate obsession. i love everything about it.

Oi - I made the other one! :dry:

CO_Reject

Star wars= YES

love it. Darth Vader is my hero

agirlcalledkill

Oi - I made the other one! :dry:

:lol: no offense, she just put more into her post. any thread on star wars is better than the next one

darkhriss

I love the old trilogy :wub::wub::wub: One of the best movies ever!!

But the new ones are crap :dry:

beat the sYstem

weve got smaples of the power up and the "im not doing anything" hum and the power down of a lighsaber on one of my music compositions. its only there because my guitar teacher has 2 big expensive lightsaber replicas and we were playing with one of them when he was mixing the recording ^_^ hehe

ill put a link for it up later

Brain Stew

I love the old trilogy :wub::wub::wub: One of the best movies ever!!

But the new ones are crap :dry:

agreed. Han Solo has to be my favourite character.

TotalBasketcasexx

i love star wars have all of them

:starwars:

Agent_Tragedy

I've never been a fan of Star Wars until I saw the ads about Episode 3. I thought the guy playing Anakin was just so cute so I watched both trilogy and I love them. (the old trilogy is way better of course).

Bruinsgirl37

i love darth vader! he's my favorite character.

woven_basketcase

i <3 Star Wars.

the older ones are cooler & all..i grew up with those.

& thats where I got my first crush from: Darth Vader.

i dunno...leave me alone...

but yea, cool movies.

ANYWAY, I went to a cool thing all about Star Wars last weekend.

its was:

IPB Image

yea, its a tour with all the costumes & robots, stuff like that.

when it comes around to an area near you, I would deffinitally go.

its worth the trip. :thumbsup:

Hybrid Meteora

:cool: the movies rawk but im not a super fan like a collector.but star wars is kool wit me :cool:

hehe :starwars:

go darth vader!!!

ILoveTableArt

I'm not obsessive- but I love Star Wars. Fantastic movies- plus it's fun to talk like Yoda...cause I'm a nerd like that.

justcause

Poor Luke - I think I'm possibly his only fan; everyone loves Han Solo and Darth. No, hang on a minute - that radio interview with GD - Mike likes Luke too, so that's two fans anyway!.

Maybe Darth comes across as the stronger character, the father overshadowing the son - I never thought so; I love Darth, but Luke's the hero.

Darth is a magnetic character because he's the fallen angel, the Lucifer of the story, once the most trusted and cherished Jedi, with the greatest gifts, then turned by his own anger and vanity to the Dark Side. You always want him to be redeemed - well, I didn't, I wanted the bastard dead after he chopped off Luke's hand in that great epic battle in The Empire Strikes Back; he was such a shit to his own son, and Luke doesn't even want to defend himself in the beginning.

But Darth is a really good baddie, especially with his hands-free strangling techniques that really kept people in line, and the way he swept about the place with his cloak swishing after him. Lord Vader, wasn't it? See, baddies love a title - Luke was just Luke.

Now, what do we think of Princess Leia, from her hairstyle to her guerilla warfare, her incestuous flirtations, and her low-rent boyfriend Han? Shit, I wanted to be her!

CaesarSalad

Star Wars=sex.

Okay, Star Wars=better than sex.

I've seen both trilogies, I have to say the first one gets bonus points for being better, I don't know how it's better...but it is.

The seconds trilogy gets bonus points for...better sound quality :lol:

Okay, I love both. They merge together nicely. I was supposed to watch all six with my friend, but her brother lent the second trilogy to his friend...

And as for Leia, ha. Hair. I love her hair in A New Hope. It's just...reminds me of Tim Horton's.

BlackAngel1039

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith is my favourit. In my opinion the best Episode. How Anakin turns into Darth Vader !!!!! Amaizing !!!!!!!!! After this Episode I see Darth Vader in a completely different way because now I know how it came to all this (it´s all Padmés fault) and that Darth Vader isn´t that bad than I thought he was. He´s a tragic character !!!! Anakin is my favourit character (close followed by R2D2) his story is so sad and tragic, really affecting.

IPB Image