Green Day Community History

PurpleDay

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there were a lot less people, i was a fucking pain in the ass, haha, and you basically knew who everyone was.

Hehe i remember seeing this forum in 2004, i remember thinking that everyone was so mean.

Mwahaha, before this one i've only been in 'ass-kissing' forums, you know the ones where no one ever says nothing mean. In here people are allowed to say pretty much what they want, so it's definetly cool.

Well, obviously I haven't been around all that long. But, I think it's funny how a lot of the older members (time here-wise), including myself, still call it 'GDA' instead of 'GDC'.

This forum taught me to come up with better comebacks and become more bitter.

So I would like to thank all of you for that. :)

haha i remember when i first joined, right after american idiot came out, i was so scared to post cause everyone was so mean. and it was the first forum id ever been on, and i was soo confused haha. but then i made some friends and i starting posting a lot :) even though a lot of people hated me when i first joined hahaa

i still don't post that often for the same reasons

Tyke has only been here for about a year. He's just a n00b.

I dont think he even saw the old forum.

fuck you. i want my 1 year celebration

The site and forum are my full time job. Tyke is more partime because he has school, and Courtney is partime as well because she has a very full time job.

The mods and admins here just come on a few hours a day with the exception of Amanda who pretty much takes care of most of this place the majority of the time.

thats because you got kicked outta school and are too lazy to get a real job

I don't know about before AI, but I remember when I first joined there was no Tour forum, no Other Bands, Introductions was called "New To The GDA Forum?" (and your posts in it counted), and there was the Spam forum instead of Off-Topic. The video + audio forum was in one part, as was Web Links, and Fan Art and Wallpaper were seperated.

Loads of people had different names, I can't even remember any of them... I was freaked out, I hardly ever posted, lied about my age, and had a fucking awful ava.

Did you guys know that I actually made the early verison of GDA, Green Day Minority, 6 years ago? Fucked up, eh?

Want proof?

http://www.geocities.com/maxgreenday/

Check out the links page. At the bottom of the first section is GDM and the old URL I used to have. He gave me a D! The dick. I'd like him to see me now. Oh and if you look at the site and when it was last updated it was in March of 2000.

thats because you got kicked outta school and are too lazy to get a real job

Then I would be like you and just bitch all the time about not being able to do anything because I'd be too busy.

i came here like 2 or 3 years ago, but never the forum. i really wish i had gone to the forum now. this place is overloaded with teenies anyway, but oh well. do you think the forum would still be completely dead if american idiot flopped?

whoa, andres do you actually make a living off this place? i wonder if this place will still be big in a year...

the boards back then were pretty amazing, there were only good threads about green day, and we had spam section, no one was an asshole, we adopted eachother, we had fun, everyone knew everyone, and everyone had intelligent and meaningful conversations about green day, not omfg, wutz billy'z shue sizze? it was so awesome before. i get sad thinking about it

it was a lot better like 4years ago. there wasnt so many fuckin rules. and there used to be only general chat and another one. now there is one for tour and all that shit. i dont like it as much as i used to.

I really don't know how it was before AI...I only used to visit GDA site and not the forum....I wish I have

i misss old gda so much >.<

it was so much fun then,

it was like the same 20 people every day, all we did was talk about random crap.. haha

then AI leaked and like 5,000 people joined to get it and thats when the teenies came and its never stopped since...

i think that the forum has changed for the good after all like andres says everyone was a n00b sometime

um,no,it sucks now.

and i was never a noob...sorry.

Introductions was called "New To The GDA Forum?" (and your posts in it counted), and there was the Spam forum instead of Off-Topic.

Loads of people had different names, I can't even remember any of them... I was freaked out, I hardly ever posted, lied about my age, and had a fucking awful ava.

Oh snap... I remember that. I got quite a few posts that way when I was bored since I was all obsessed with post count. I enjoyed saying hello to new members back then. :) And the Spam forum was the best.

I always thought you were older, so when I saw you were 12 I was rather surprised.

i think that the forum has changed for the good after all like andres says everyone was a n00b sometime

Uhhhh... no.

Everyone was a n00b. How you got treated was different, but you were still a n00b.

It's funny how so many people are against the rules here. But most of you hated places like gd.net because it was anarchy there. Hate them all you want, this place has drawn many many people to it and many stay. I just got tired of the whole "bully" thing. It's fine to let people speak their minds or whatever, but picking on people to feel superior is pathetic.

I haven't been around very long, but even I can see that the overall level of quality has gone downhill since I joined (whoa, coincidence, lol?) And I do miss the spam forum. I think this type of thing goes in waves, though. It seems like it was a tighter knit group before AI. I wish I would have been around then.

Based on Andre's print screen, I think it looks a lot more cheerful. This black/red skin is dark and depressing. But I guess the growing members list makes up for it.

Well, obviously I haven't been around all that long. But, I think it's funny how a lot of the older members (time here-wise), including myself, still call it 'GDA' instead of 'GDC'.

I'm not an older member, but it was The GDA Forum when i came here... I still call it that. Its like, "I'm going on GDA... I mean GDC :ph34r:

Archived