green day boy band??

13greendaygurl13

Green Day aren't boys, they're men

so Green Day isn't a boy band...they're a man band! :cool:

yes, you have perfectly reason! :D :wink:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I believe they are a boy band. I think 'boy band' has evolved in meaning over time. Right now I take it to mean whatever is popular with teenage girls. Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance are all popular with the teenage girls. Therefore I would classify them as a new type of 'boy band'.

Of course, now I'm eating my words :P . I looked it up on Wikipedia and TECHNICALLY they are not a boy band. Check it out, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Band

They aren't listed as a boy band, either. So, I suggest you show that to your "knowledgable" brother :D .

I agree!

but I don't care if someone tell green day r a boyband

for me they'r the best rock-punk band in the world

I EGREE WITH YOU!!!

But GD` re adults, but behave as teenagers!!! It`s normal!!!

They're not a boy band, they're a girl band, I thought everybody knew that.

They`re not girls, they`re bisexuals, at least they speak so

Oh, come on, NSYNC is SO much better!

oh not even...98 degrees is away better then both of them!

green day aren't much more than a boyband these days. just one of those boybands who play their own music.

Dude...they're no pathetic boy band...boy bands don't make angsty songs with amazing talents.

this thread is stupid.

but the good news is I saved a bunch money on my car insurance by switching to geico

Dude...they're no pathetic boy band...boy bands don't make angsty songs with amazing talents.

and neither do green day... so what's your point?

hmm not sure how this survived but, no they aren't a boy band they are... a band with boys..

A band with MEN-not boys!

Of course Green Day are not a fucking boy band - but you could be forgiven for thinking that from the way they're sold to the younger end of the market.

I think it all started with the video for the American Idiot single - how old does Billie Joe look in that ? And the rapid camera-work just flicks over Mike (who does look his years) and Tre so fast that you don't get any real impression of them at all.

That, and the goofy, put-together 'interviews' and crap that appears in kids' magazines on a regular basis, right next to the actual boyband shit.

I think this sucks, both from the p.o.v. of the band's integrity (although there's no evidence to suggest they know or care!), but also from the p.o.v. of the kids - it's dishonest to sell them something in this saccharine way, that's actually pretty adult in its nature.

Of course Green Day are not a fucking boy band - but you could be forgiven for thinking that from the way they're sold to the younger end of the market.

I think it all started with the video for the American Idiot single - how old does Billie Joe look in that ? And the rapid camera-work just flicks over Mike (who does look his years) and Tre so fast that you don't get any real impression of them at all.

That, and the goofy, put-together 'interviews' and crap that appears in kids' magazines on a regular basis, right next to the actual boyband shit.

I think this sucks, both from the p.o.v. of the band's integrity (although there's no evidence to suggest they know or care!), but also from the p.o.v. of the kids - it's dishonest to sell them something in this saccharine way, that's actually pretty adult in its nature.

yeah their not a boy band although that's how their presented, like you said in the girls teen mags, TV and basically because their always in your face.

i agree i feel that they have been marketed to too young an audience to make the kids think they are a boy band, when really the song are of a more adult nature

yea just yesterday I was in the Kroger check out line gettin some white cheddar popcorn and pizza lunchables and i saw a J-14 magazine with Billie Joe's face on it! grrr then I opened the pages to see him and Adrienne in a tiny pic with scribbles on it. oh man did I throw a fit in the check out line

well they are all boys so it does make sense that there a boy band but who fucking cares i mean there the best punk rock band ever !

well they are all boys so it does make sense that there a boy band but who fucking cares i mean there the best punk rock band ever !

i agree i feel that they have been marketed to too young an audience to make the kids think they are a boy band, when really the song are of a more adult nature

But don't you think that Jesus of Suburbia kinda made up for it? My parents (who aren't conservative at all and usually don't mind us watching things that are rated for people older than us and never pay attention to the parental advisory on CDs and Dvds) threw a fit when they saw JoS on TV and I wasn't allowed to watch it if my siblings were around.

But don't you think that Jesus of Suburbia kinda made up for it? My parents (who aren't conservative at all and usually don't mind us watching things that are rated for people older than us and never pay attention to the parental advisory on CDs and Dvds) threw a fit when they saw JoS on TV and I wasn't allowed to watch it if my siblings were around.

yer i think that when jos came out i think it gave a more mature image of green day proving basicaly their not some shitty comercial boy band.

Green Day is a boy band.

i mean, who else could we compare Green Day with the likes of Backstreet Boys, the two greatest bands ever?

:down:

Archived