Why you like Green Day

anny-damned

why not like green day? haha jp

they are just amazing, they are one band that really stands out in the overly crowded punk rock scene... they are different, their lyrics are just amazing and they have such great meaning behind them. Also, the sound of their music makes them stand out, its different, and it most definently is something to love... plus they are so energetic and cool

plus, they are such an inspiration.... like to us and all other punk bands out there

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do you care why we like green day??

Isn't this a Green Day forum? Where we are supposed to talk about Green Day? I thought so...

I love their tunes 1st and foremost.I can't go around saying Billie Joe is sexy 'because I'm almost old enough to be his mother.lol Well,almost.

Actually I got turned onto Green Day late in life. I was and am a total Metal Head-but when I bought AI it inspired me to do things I was unmotivated to do.Thats how I judge my bands and tunes.Why do we like any band?

There is a lot more to my story but the overall drift is when you can't find your own inspiration and some friggin' great tunes can help you out with that-well-its just fuckin fantastic.

Besides-They just get it(lyrically)

My 12 yr old is so into them too-I got him the tabs for some songs and its just cool to see.

Maybe she's trying to say, "Why do people that live in the United States like GD so much?"

I know, this thread is very stupid but you must consider her; she's a foreign no0b (sorry if I sound racist).

i can't really explain why i like green day. it's just something that started one day and didn't stop.

this is gonna sound cheesy but i guess i like them cuz in some ways they changed my output in things(certain things :shifty:)

I love green day because:

The tunes first and foremost, there is hardly any GD songs i dont like and I've grown up listening to tracks such as Baket Case, Good Riddance, Christie Road etc.

Secondly Billie Joe is an amazing writer and an amazing person, i can relate to alot of his lyrics and personal experiences so i apppreciate exactly what he does.

Tre and Mike are talented, gifted people who do so much for the band and their fans. Mike is a hero of mine 'cos if it wasn't for him i would never have picked up a bass guitar.

Their shows are amazing events, ever since the first time i saw them back in 2002 at T In The Park i've tried to get to as many as i can. The Milton Keynes show was the best day of my life.

lol... alot of people miss sarcasm here!

I love them because without them i dont think id quite be me.

That ok for you?

for the same reasons everyne in everyother country likes them.

Because they fuckin rock?

because htey're green dya and htere's something about them that has made me who i am today? :blush:

fuck you all - ireland is the best! :D

i got into green day because i heard ai and i was completely hooked! it just blew me away! :woot:

Oh goody! Im american so I can answer!!

I like them because I do.

american isnt a race...

I stand corrected :)

'cause so many people find on their music something for themself. That's why Green Day rockes 15 years!!! As for me they make me laugh when I need it, think heard when I need it... They just rock!!!

I'm from Belarus and I want know why American peoples like GD. I like them 'cause they have great music :whistling: and they're good guys. I love them so much. :wub:

omg you suck im not american and i love green day, you suck!

I`m not american too, I`m from england, but I love green day very very much!!!! Well? Are you happy?

I like Green Day very much.

Mostly becuase of their music, how good it sounds even tho it's not that complicaded.

Really now, If you think about it, songs like 'Warning' has the same 4 chords through the whole song.

And, because the way Billie sings it makes it sound more than just 4 chords.

He has (in my opinion) a very cool singing voice.

I like Green Day becuase of their music, Billie voice and their clothing style. (I usually try to copy BJ's clothing style cause I think it's cool)

I like Green Day very much.

Mostly becuase of their music, how good it sounds even tho it's not that complicaded.

Really now, If you think about it, songs like 'Warning' has the same 4 chords through the whole song.

And, because the way Billie sings it makes it sound more than just 4 chords.

He has (in my opinion) a very cool singing voice.

I like Green Day becuase of their music, Billie voice and their clothing style. (I usually try to copy BJ's clothing style cause I think it's cool)

Basically I agree with you, but I can`t say that I like Billie`s style very much, but I love Billie!!!!! And I don`t care what clothes he wears!!!!

Archived