Why you like Green Day

anny-damned

Catchy melodies and a driving sound. Very quirkly. Ever notice how many of GDs songs bear a resemblance to very old English and Irish drinking songs? Just more revved up and modernized?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not fucking American.

And i love them cause they're fucking great.

And yeah, i love to say 'fucking'.

Got a problem with that?

... because I do.

I'm not fucking American.

And i love them cause they're fucking great.

And yeah, i love to say 'fucking'.

Got a problem with that?

Wow... you're so hardcore.

cause Green Day knocked me on my ass back in 1994 and I have been a loyal devoted fan ever since.

Aaaah, so you must be the "little mohawk mother fucker"

... because I do.

Wow... you're so hardcore.

Hah, now that i look at my post again, that was really "OMGF I'M TOUGH" Like. XD

Erm, but i do like saying Fucking. ^^

I hate Green Day

then why dont you fucking get lost and die :mad:

I'm from Belarus and I want know why American peoples like GD. I like them 'cause they have great music :whistling: and they're good guys. I love them so much. :wub:

P.S.

Tell me please where I can take songs J.A.R, Favorite Son and Too Much Too Soon

omg you suck im not american and i love green day, you suck!

i dont like Green day... I LOVE THEM!!!

although sadly i have never met them in person.. i do feel a connection in there music between them and there fans... a.k.a me. plus billies lyrics just speak to me, i can relate to every word that fucking genious ever wrote... AND the fact that there all amazing musicans and artistsand awesome people is great too.

i hate when people dont like Green day... those people piss me off becasue really if you think about it... whats not to love?

Catchy melodies and a driving sound. Very quirkly. Ever notice how many of GDs songs bear a resemblance to very old English and Irish drinking songs? Just more revved up and modernized?

Yeah - Minority always sounded Irish to me. Stuart and the Ave could be a ballad, slowed down - it's in ballad form, and accoustic is how it would have been composed in the first place.

I like them coz i can relate to their music and their music has a driving force behind it that can suit any moods. Green day have songs to suit all my moods so i can listen to green day no matter what mood i'm in. No 2 songs are the same with green day - they have so many different types of songs which makes them so appealing and easy to listen 2 without becoming bored. Also, they are one of the best, if not the best live rock band on the planet.

Thats just some of the reasons why i listen to green day :D

I just do. They are musically diverse, so I never get bored of them, unlike most bands. People qualified them as punk-rock, then they go out and release an acoustic balled, that takes guts and skill. Billie joe's lyrics are awsome, which you don't see often in mainstream music. They have a good sense of structure and melody. And I love their personalities aswell.

She probably just thinks that this forum is only for americans or american dominated [which it is]..

im british but ill still answer.. i dont like green day, i love them, and i love them because they make fantastic music, i think its the same reasons for everyone despite where they come from...

And.. America is shite, England Rules.. in fact we used to literally own america but we wont get into that one...

^^ good point. England did own us. and your prolly right about America being shite. I just havent been to the UK to see for myself.

Yeah - Minority always sounded Irish to me. Stuart and the Ave could be a ballad, slowed down - it's in ballad form, and accoustic is how it would have been composed in the first place.

yeah, a bunch of guys in a pub holding up there bear and singing 'it's all fucked up, we're all fucked up, you're all fucked up!' HEEEEY drinks on Patrick heeeeeeeeey!!!!!!

I cant put it in words. Their lyrics have more meaning than other bands and Billie Joe knows how to control a show.

I like Green Day for their great music and their awesome live energy. I respect them for the awesome artists they are and have always been. I'm also really proud of them for putting out AI when they had no idea what would happen. I thank them for writing songs that I can relate to and that make me feel that I'm not entirely alone. :)

^^^Exactly what I was going to say!!!!! Well Done!!

I don't know why I like them...I just do! I have liked them since 1994...love at first listen!

They are great musicans who write and perform amazing music! And to see them live makes my love even stronger!! They put on one amazing show!! :thumbsup:

Because they're so god damn sexy.

Taha.

Their music is an inspiration to like every other punk rock band on the planet. Eveyone can relate to their songs, their energy onstage is noncomparable (sp).. And they're basically the greatest fucking band in the entire universe.

Nuf said.

the thing i fell in love with was their music... and sweetie, j.a.r. is on international superhits and i think favorite son is on this anti-bush album they came out with... i'm not sure on favorite son though

Archived