What Green Day song should be revolutionary?

longview timer

which green day song has the power to change the world? we all know songs like: we are the champions, or we will rock you,

How exactly did these songs change the world? Yes, they are very popular and are used in many an inspirational sports movie or event, but please...define "revolutionary."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg bullavard of brokin dreamz everyone shud listen to that

haha just kidding...umm Homecoming? O.o I dunno. MINORITY!

Well, in terms of music, I would say JOS. There hasn't really been a song like it since A Quick One While He's Away, and JOS is like a million times catchier than that (apologies to The Who).

Well, in terms of music, I would say JOS. There hasn't really been a song like it since A Quick One While He's Away, and JOS is like a million times catchier than that (apologies to The Who).

That's a good point...nine minute songs definetly stand out, and JOS did become fairly well known and liked.

American Idiot. Anyone who's anyone has heard that song, and it got a lot of people into Green Day.

same here

me too. i can imagine people singing those songs years from now and my kids asking about them and stuff. god, that will be weird! :P

oh! and what about jos, that's is probably going to be well known for years to come because it is so damn long.

Revolutionary is a pretty high goal for any song. Don't think any have been revolutionary. Good Riddance hits a chord on a personal level because it imparts something that everyone, and I mean everyone, experiences, but it's not revolutionary.

I think American Idiot would come closest to a defining anthem. That song was a snapshot of a time in US history that will forever evoke a certain image, even 20 years from now. (Sort of like "Are you Going to San Francisco" did in the late 60s. That's not the best example, but the only one I can think of right now.) AI put into words how millions of Americans feel, but don't always talk about...... things like how at least half of the world hates our fuckin guts because of our government's policies (not just Bush, it's gone on for decades), or jealousy because of our superpower status, or the appearance that we like to meddle too much in others affairs and such. And after enjoying a few decades of relative freedom from real retaliation, the world finally got small enough that these haters can reach out and poke us with a stick and it freaked us out. Combine that with the barrage of information and opinion that saturates your senses 24 hours a day from the media and the stupid "political correctness" that has gone way overboard, American Idiot is a song about looking in the mirror and saying to yourself, "God Damn, how did we get to this point?"

I dont know. I just cant seem to see a whole football arena singing to the chorus of minority. Like,You know at a game or somethin when the audiene stamps their feet to we will rock you. I just cant see it with a Green Day song.

desensitized... i don't think i spelled it right but oh well!

"i'm desensitized... i wanna watch a bomb... blow the masses high... i wanna get ripped off"

^ that's the part in the song i mean... and i agree about holdiay and good riddance and minority... maybe even macy's day parade too!

Ha Ha You're Dead! It kind of sounds like a chant song. Like "everybody sing along!"

No, no. Holiday or AI would be my choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Minority! Or American Idiot... There's only one way to settle this...

Eeenie meenie miney mo...

Heyy Everyone...im new and in the know with green day met up with them at milton keynes gd guys they send me a wee email every soo often:P...but i would hav to say Minority of life during war time...even though life during war time was a pinhead gunpowder song it was a very good song when it was acoustic.....still good now all the instruments are added...minority tho..just speaks for itself ...it is every Green Day fans, in my opinion , anthem, lol

Good Riddance.

because thats one of their songs everyone knows.

just the other day on the bus good riddance came on the radio and some of the kids who listen to rap/hip hop etc. were attempting to sing it and thought it was the beatles. psht.

plus so many people have memories attached to it.

Archived