What Green Day song should be revolutionary?

longview timer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot or Good Riddance

American Idiot kicked some major ass and Good Riddance is revolutionary from a GD perspective as no one could have seen them doing a song like that

Good Riddance and When I Come Around both are are songs that most everybody would reconize if heard even if they didnt know that its Green Day that sung them, also i dont think that We Are the Waiting would be one because not alot of non-greenday fans/obsessors know about it.

• 4 weeks later...

American Idiot, Holiday ummm...can't think of any that would actually change the world, lol. but lyrics wise they try to say something, i guess.

Good Riddance. EVERYONE knows that song. Even ppl who don't know what Green Day even is have heard it.

there's not really anything "revolutionary" about any of green day's songs. i mean, they have good songs, but not revolutionary ones.

Many songs of Green Day express the revolt. For exemple : Minority "I don't need your authority", American idiot "Don't want to be an american idiot", Holiday, ... I think this band is a band really engaged !!! especially since "AI"

Many songs of Green Day express the revolt. For exemple : Minority "I don't need your authority", American idiot "Don't want to be an american idiot", Holiday, ... I think this band is a band really engaged !!! especially since "AI"

agree

they start with warning and they follow with american idiot :thumbsup:

wheni mean ''start'' i was thinkin on revolutionary songs

i know the band history :eyebrows:

In the "change the world" category, I think that "American Idiot" would be an obvious choice, probably due to the message behind the actual song.

In terms of influence, I'd probably choose "When I Come Around" because, according to everything I have heard, a lot of people in various bands have been influenced by the whole Dookie album, and that song in particular.

Why would Green day need a revolutionary song?; Green Day itself is Revolutionary.

Itll be a cold day in hell when we find someone who doesnt know who the hell Green Day is.

Archived