Green Day As Opening Acts

53rd and 3rd

Does anyone now if Green Day did any opening acts before they got really big? And if so do you know any specific bands they opened for? Thanks.

Bad Religion

Yeah i know they opened for Bad Religion in Sweden...and i am almost sure they opened for NoFX on one or two shows in Sweden too...i'm gonna look that up though

I think the thing is they played in the punk scene, where there aren't really opening acts. There's a few bands on the bill and whoever plays last might be the best known, or the one that came from farther away.

I don't think they ever toured as an opening band for a mainstream band. They were the opening band for Lollapalooza when Smashing Pumpkins headlined, if that counts. A bunch of other bands played too though.

I bet half the people who went to the gigs didn't realise it was green day, cus when I see support bands I never know who the hell they are.

They were opening act for BR at the Phoenix Theater in Petaluma around '90. I think I read that in some interview... i would die to see that

and maybe for Mr. T Experience, if that counts as opening

Archived