Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Queens of the Stone Age

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

Their b-sides are great! Some of my favorites is Born to Hula and The Fun Machine took a Shit and Died.

Added to the list!
  • kaylubd likes this

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

I listened to the b side suggestions, and loads more as well. Really good, especially Infinity. Nice to have a new stash of Queens songs to listen to :D

• colour_me_stupid_ and kaylubd like this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,736 rep
They played fun machine at one of their recent gigs... Bit of a rarity, that one!

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 669 rep

Love this live version of Fun Machine

Also their cover of Tom Waits' masterpiece Goin' Out West is excellent as well. Don't think they've played it live.

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

Just heard Smooth Sailing in a Citroen advert! Cool, and also quite amusing considering the music video features reckless drunken joyriding of a stolen car :lol:

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,565 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,736 rep

My time is secured! Phew! :lol: 

Roll on Wednesday  :toocool:

Urgh, there's a video on youtube somewhere of them playing No One Knows at the Oxegen festival in 2005. It's unreal and I wanted to post it here, but because youtube changed the way you have an account now, my account is gone, or I can't get into it, and I can't find it :( 

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

My time is secured! Phew! :lol:

Roll on Wednesday  :toocool:

Urgh, there's a video on youtube somewhere of them playing No One Knows at the Oxegen festival in 2005. It's unreal and I wanted to post it here, but because youtube changed the way you have an account now, my account is gone, or I can't get into it, and I can't find it :(

Yay!

And if I happen to come across it I'll post it, I've been showing my sister videos of them to make her like them haha

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,565 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,736 rep

I found it, thanks to the fan group I'm a member of on facebook! Yay! It's not the greatest video but the audio isn't too bad. Ish. It's so good :D

• Hermione likes this

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

Just realized your show has happened, how was it?!

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,565 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,736 rep

Just realized your show has happened, how was it?!

Excellent :D I think we missed out on a couple of songs though because every act started a bit late. But I really liked the setlist, got I'm Designer and In The Fade, which I hadn't seen live before. Millionaire is such a good opener :D The venue is right by a residential apartment block, so people were on their balconies just watching the gig, and one girl came out with her dog and Josh was like 'hey show me your dog' and woofed at it and everything :lol: 

I also met Dean, Mikeyshoes and Jon beforehand, see picture thread :D 

I kinda wish they'd drop make it with chu from their setlists though, I've heard it every time I've seen them (4 times) and I've had enough of it :P 

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,433 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep

Excellent :D I think we missed out on a couple of songs though because every act started a bit late. But I really liked the setlist, got I'm Designer and In The Fade, which I hadn't seen live before. Millionaire is such a good opener :D The venue is right by a residential apartment block, so people were on their balconies just watching the gig, and one girl came out with her dog and Josh was like 'hey show me your dog' and woofed at it and everything :lol: 

I kinda wish they'd drop make it with chu from their setlists though, I've heard it every time I've seen them (4 times) and I've had enough of it :P

How very fabulous :D. Especially the meeting part!

Mato

Mato
  • Rockabilly Riot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts
  • Joined Aug 28, 2007
  • 261 rep

You got In The Fade? I'd kill to hear that one live, it's one of my all time favorite songs. Would have been even better if Mark still performed it live..

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,565 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,736 rep

You got In The Fade? I'd kill to hear that one live, it's one of my all time favorite songs. Would have been even better if Mark still performed it live..

Yes! I was delighted, for two reasons. Firstly, they played it at the Bournemouth show I was at, AND I DON'T REMEMBER IT. Secondly, before they played Dublin last November, I'd been keeping an eye on their setlists and they were playing it nearly every night. So I was convinced they'd play it, lo and behold, they didn't :lol: So I was very happy :happy: 

I loooove the intro to Misfit Love right now.

bollard_11

bollard_11
  • Disposable Hero

• 9,072 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2009
  • 2,959 rep
I came in here expecting Bec to have posted the pic already :P

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_