Mike Ness (Social Distortion) is a Green Day fan

stza

This might be old but maybe....one day....Social Distortion and Green Day will tour...I have no clue who would open but who knows.....

http://www.shortbusmag.com/departments/wil...ess/index.shtml

"SB: Do you ever go out to see local music?

MN: Well for me, personally, that’s like going to the office on your day off.

SB: (Tons of uncontrollable laughter)

MN: I do it for a living, so…plus I think I have A.D.D. So even if it’s a band I really, really like, about forty minutes is enough for me, then the crowd starts to bother me, so it’s just best if I leave. But one of the last shows I saw was Green Day, and that was one of the best shows I’ve seen. I like their songs, and they’re nice…young fellows. I really like his (Billy Joe) interaction with the crowd. My best shows are when I’m relaxed, happy and up there having fun. And that’s the way it should be. Sometimes playing nineteen shows straight at the House of Blues gets stressful so, it’s important to remember to just have fun. I do better shows when I’m happy and relaxed...well, some of my best shows have been when I angry I guess. It’s just about finding the medium."

wow, that surprises me. you sure thats real? seems like lots of so-caled punk kids hate green day cus they assume people like mike ness would hate em. ozzy likes green day too...anyone think thats strange? with his metal music. he said on the late show they were his fav in modern music.

tim armstrong likes em too.

i hear fat mike likes em, but ill have to get back to you on that one.

I hadn't before read or heard what Mike Ness' opinion of Green Day was, but I always imagined he would like them. :)

Archived