green day are nominated for wake me up

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's embarressing because Green Day is not a kid's group. They have pretty dark songs/themes, and they take someone mature to appreciate all of their work and their personality/message/values. I just don't think they should be made out as this kid-friendly band.

Yea, but kids don't really know what their listining to. For me it was, whatever my sisters listen to, I will. And, unfortunatly, at the time that was....mmh Hanson...

• 4 weeks later...

They are reeling em in at a young age and they will be hooked for life! Go vote--every award they get they deserve no matter who its from!

At least the kids are listening to good music :)

Too bad they have no idea what the songs are even about.

What was really embarrassing was that Green Day was on Kidz Bop. :pinch:

most of the kids just listen to it because everyone else does. they are so concerned about what people think of them.

all the other songs they released has swear words in it and green day is big now and a lot of little kids like them, but they can't nominate a song with a swear word in it, duh think of the children, the little children :ermm:

Cause they are kids...and that is one of the only songs that they get to her unedited....so they love it!

Plus it is on Kids Bop...

you act like Green Day asked to have one of their most personal songs ruined by kids who can't sing worth shit :dry:

Most of the kids think the song is about the couple in the video, and war. Give 'em a break, god, just don't watch the damn awards, fuck, no one is making you. The guys won Album Of The Year or something at the Kids Choice Awards last year.

I listened to some green day songs when i was 9 so i don't see the problem

I listened to some green day songs when i was 9 so i don't see the problem

I got into Green Day at 9 too, I knew what their songs meant, sure it took awhile till I really understood them, but I still listened to the guys and knew what the songs meant.

you act like Green Day asked to have one of their most personal songs ruined by kids who can't sing worth shit :dry:

Most of the kids think the song is about the couple in the video, and war. Give 'em a break, god, just don't watch the damn awards, fuck, no one is making you. The guys won Album Of The Year or something at the Kids Choice Awards last year.

green day have to give permission to other people who want to cover their songs....

I got into Green Day at 9 too, I knew what their songs meant, sure it took awhile till I really understood them, but I still listened to the guys and knew what the songs meant.

I'd say that's different now for the 9 year olds. Their misconceptions are strewn. And politics...I don't know how capable a 9 or ten year old is of understanding some of the songs.

It's kinda weird but yeah I'd rather have kids listen to rock than rap crap. Plus the little teenie kids supply GD with $$$!!! MWHAHAHAH!!!! As Billie Joe said, "Our ultimate goal is to exploit youth culture and make a lot of money in the process! That's why I love you kids *smile*."

I also like the song...the video fucks it up.

So do I. I love the song but the video just doesn't seem to match the song, there is too much emotion in it for a video like that. I wish they would make a different video for it. I mean it would not be the first time someone had two videos for a song.

I love that song but the video have made me skip it when I hear AI

the video.....ugh! that has nothing to with the meaning of the song....

i break down everytime i hear it when i have that cd on random...i lost on of my friends to cancer when i was 10...i knew her for 5 months and she finally told me the last day of 5th grade...that was the last day i saw her...

thats one of the reasons im getting a star tattoo that has a banner across it saying "shooting stars never fade"

EDIT: and my dad has something wrong with his thyroid and i fear he will pass on...i dont want that to happen because i couldnt handle not having him around...hes my music buddy! he bought me my guitar...and stops my mom from taking my music when i havent been perfect....i just couldnt imagine life without him...

its a fucking good song aye since when dont pplz like it. yeh the film clip does sorta ruin the true meaning though its a great song. :sleep:

Ew. The video.

That was the worst music video I've ever had to sit through.

The song was good though.

Wake me up was on kidsbop so i'm assuming that probably how little kids know it

First, my 8 yr old son can sing along with most of the American Idiot songs, also a bunch of Ramones songs amongst others because that is what I listen to, no thanks to kidsbop!

Second, Wake Me Up didn't do that much for me about the first say, 500 listens....but then wham! All of a sudden to me it's become what I think is one of the standout songs on the disc. I don't know....American Idiot as a whole is so perfect it's hard to seperate one song from another......

I'd rather these children are introduced to punk rock at an early age rathert than shitty hip-hop or something. You said they're up against The Pussycat Dolls... Well, if I had any, I wouldn't like my children listening to their pervy songs is all I can say.

I hope they slime green day if they are there. It would make my day :)

I don't think Green Day should be in the Kids Choice Awards. They're not a fucking teenie band. However, I'll still vote for them cuz I love them. <333

Archived