Rotten: "Green Day are plonk"

Fuzz

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he shouldn't be talking. But I agree they're not really punk but who really cares in the end anyway? I don't, I enjoy their music and that's good enough for me. I really don't care what Rotten thinks.

Oh well, John Lydon has said a lot of foolish things in the past. I still like em though, gotta love ol' Johnny! He looked so ridiculous in the Filthy Lucre Tour and his live voice was worse than the 1978 era :lol:

Green Day are not punk, but they didn't 'steal an idea' what are they supposed to do? shut up about the Bush administration for two songs?

People aren't shocked by all this so-called punk tomfoolery these days like they were in the 70's. You can't really expect the police to bust Green Day's asses everytime they do something worthy of the name "punk." Things change and evolve. It's how something stays alive.

Besides, John Lydon sucks now.

Guest Quietus

I find it amusing because all that comes across is a bitter old man who has a serious case of envy. If he cut back on the cursing and down right dissing and presented more of a substantial arguement and acted reasonably, I might be inclined to give him a second of my time to consider it.

I think john lydon is just jelous of green days sucess and is pissed off that his band didnt make it that big even know everybody knows of the sex pistols.

Rotten is still bitter about been Malcom Mclaren's cash cow in the 70's and the death of his best mate Sid Vicious. Its ashame realy that he slags off every band since the early 80's, Joe Strummer didn't he was happy to see punk progressing to the mainstream and being more influencial as a whole.

I can bet so many people are gonna come out with "Ooh, well Sex pistols weren't punk either!"

And then we kick those people in the balls :)

Says the man who had Malcolm Macdonald telling him everything to do in the 70s.

Malcolm who????!!!

Rotten is still bitter about been Malcom Mclaren's cash cow in the 70's and the death of his best mate Sid Vicious. Its ashame realy that he slags off every band since the early 80's, Joe Strummer didn't he was happy to see punk progressing to the mainstream and being more influencial as a whole.

Yeah. I wonder what music he does like these days? Strummer's music was always much more diverse than Lydon's. Having said that I'm a big fan of both. I think he's too long in the tooth to change now. Would I change him? Nah. I love him the miserable old get. :)

Didn't Jonny Rotten go on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" a year ago? Hmmm.

his just trying to get some press fighting the biggest punk band and biggest band in the world.

what a sad attempt.

So Glen Matlock loves them and writes magazine columns on how great they are, while all Lydon can do is call them.... plonk. Haha. What a fucking loser.

I find it amusing because all that comes across is a bitter old man who has a serious case of envy. If he cut back on the cursing and down right dissing and presented more of a substantial arguement and acted reasonably, I might be inclined to give him a second of my time to consider it.

But if he did that then he wouldn't have anything. His whole career is based on being an asshole. That's why his overrated band that only put out one album is still even being talked about now.

^ Yeah. Plonk Rock :lol:

:lol:

Archived