Rotten: "Green Day are plonk"

Fuzz

Haha. The Sex Pistols were created by Malcolm Mclaren as a media spectacle. They were never punk in the sense of making their own way and supporting a small independent scene, or touring an putting out records on their own. Green Day did all that. They came out of a true punk scene. And sorry, but Green Day are and always will be punk, because those are their roots.

They weren't directly 'created' by him.

He liked to think he was doing everything, but really all he did was get them all together, but that was with the other members aswell

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Phoebe.

Yes Yes bash Johnny all you want people, but when you die that guy is gonna come kick your ass. In heaven. Old Skool. :)

as far as music goes, that guy cant say anything about green day. sex pistols were basically a flash in the pan band, made ONE album, which have about 6 good songs on it. sex pistols were a big corporate band, just because their image was more rebelious doesnt mean it wasnt a scam for money. i just hate that guy.

doing it for the money defines selling out you dumbass. if you dont really care about the music, and they said they dont wanna do it but might....gimme a break.

lmao. alreet. I've sold out to my local... pub scene?

Jesus. lmfao.

i couldnt agree more

john lydon is the man!

psh. hes a bitter,m washed up old man dealing in real estate.

as far as music goes, that guy cant say anything about green day. sex pistols were basically a flash in the pan band, made ONE album, which have about 6 good songs on it. sex pistols were a big corporate band, just because their image was more rebelious doesnt mean it wasnt a scam for money.

aren't they one of your favorite bands, or do you just like to list bands that are considered "cool" and "punk?"

lmao. alreet. I've sold out to my local... pub scene?

Jesus. lmfao.

dude, you play there just to make money and dont even wanna play? yur a fuck-tard, im not gonna argue with you.

dude, you play there just to make money and dont even wanna play? yur a fuck-tard, im not gonna argue with you.

haha.

hate to break it to you. a lot of people do taht

aren't they one of your favorite bands, or do you just like to list bands that are considered "cool" and "punk?"

i like em, but they have nothign on green day. besides, this argument has really turned me against em.

doing it for the money defines selling out you dumbass. if you dont really care about the music, and they said they dont wanna do it but might....gimme a break.

if you need the money, that's one thing. if all you want is new stack to add to your millions, that's quite another.

No. I play local pubs full of drunken farmers with my nextdoor neighbours, Some days I really don't want to, I'm not in the mood. but I think "ooh well for £10 maybe I will"

That means I'm not in it for the music aswell?

I think YOU'RE the 'fuck-tard' here.

For calling a 15year old girl, who's been playing bass for a year? [but is still piss good] a sell out. lmfao.

Edit: Oh yeah, and my family are in debt by hundreds of pounds, we're getting poorer by the second. we need every penny we can find.

Sell out? or just wanting the best for my family?

Idiot.

I think the Sex Pistols suck. Really suck.

I just find it funny that he talks as if he's in any position to decide what is and isn't punk.

No. I play local pubs full of drunken farmers with my nextdoor neighbours, Some days I really don't want to, I'm not in the mood. but I think "ooh well for £10 maybe I will"

For calling a 15year old girl, who's been playing bass for a year? [but is still piss good] a sell out. lmfao.

get over yourself.

They're old. Old people usually don't know what they are talking about.

i hate the sex pistols, but when green day become "old" i bet you wouldn't say that the members of green day don't know what their talking about when they say something, unless you disagree.

ok, im not fucking talking about you! im talking about johnny rotten, who had millions, then blew it on cars, so now hes doing stupid reunion stuff for more money.

I think the Sex Pistols suck. Really suck.

I just find it funny that he talks as if he's in any position to decide what is and isn't punk.

get over yourself.

Get over myself? Cause I know I'm good at bass?

Archived