Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Foo Fighters

• Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,834 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,426 rep
So they played for 800 people last night at a bar across from Wrigley Field. Thought it was a joke when I heard about it. Damn.

GreenRanger

GreenRanger
  • Probably Someone Else

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,558 rep

So they played for 800 people last night at a bar across from Wrigley Field. Thought it was a joke when I heard about it. Damn.

Yeah, I kind of glanced over the news on their facebook but the bar features heavily in the episode of Sonic Highways since it was the place where Dave saw his first show.  The whole episode was about the rock music scene in Chicago and it was pretty damn cool.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,834 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,426 rep

Yeah, I kind of glanced over the news on their facebook but the bar features heavily in the episode of Sonic Highways since it was the place where Dave saw his first show.  The whole episode was about the rock music scene in Chicago and it was pretty damn cool.

DAMN I NEED HBO! :(

ollhjr

ollhjr
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2011
  • 231 rep

DAMN I NEED HBO! :(

I have it for free for maybe a few more weeks.  I got three months for free starting in September so I'll have to see how much another month or two costs so I can watch and record all the episodes. 

Did you see that they are playing at Wrigley next August 29th?  I want to go so bad, but I don't know where I'll be living at that point.  I am assuming I'll still be in Wisconsin, but who knows.  Plus if I am in Wisconsin I hope they play a gig somewhere in the state, but a trip to Wrigley would be possibly in store.

ULdKI6U.png?1

ollhjr

ollhjr
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2011
  • 231 rep

A new track from the Washington D.C. Session!!

• Rush guy likes this

Rush guy

Rush guy
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2011
  • 98 rep

I'm in love with the feast and the famine.  Already listened to it 12 times and it's not old :lol:

2/2 so far for me.  Something from Nothing to me is a killer song.  I love how it builds over the entire length of the song.  It never plateaus because it's always getting more intense.  The drumming on that one is genius.

The Feast and the Famine is completely different from what I expected in an awesome way.  I'm still captivated by it.

Honestly, I'm starting to like Sonic Highways better than Wasting Light, which is my second favorite Foo Fighter's album behind The Colour and the Shape.  If it keeps this up I'll have a new favorite :)

• ollhjr likes this

Big Cheese

Big Cheese
  • Tom's Other Lackey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 1,573 rep

Well, I like "The Feast and the Famine" better than "Something from Nothing", not that SFN is bad, just I think this one's a lot stronger. I can sense that this one is gonna be a hit. Maybe not a single or mainstream hit, but it's gonna be like Sonic Highways' version of "All My Life", ya know, the one that just gets everybody going at live shows. Though like, it says the Bad Brains are guests on that song, what did they do for it?!

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 1,002 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

Foo Fighters just keep getting better and better.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,834 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,426 rep
Pre-sale at Wrigley sold out in 4 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users