I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a lot of money for a star ?!

But they deserve it and it's a great way to show how we appreciate them :happy:

It isn't impossible to do

We don't need to create a new website for this, all we need is for GDA to sponser it in their name. Once we get the approval we have 5 years to raise the money!

Also, I just want to note that last year Motly Crue got a star on the Walk of Fame, two years ago it was Queen Latifah. GREEN DAY DESERVES THIS!!!! $15,000 isn't a lot of money when you have a fan base of millions.

If the committee approves the request for the star, I'm pretty sure that Warner/Reprise will pony up the bucks for the star. The band also has to agree to be present for the unveiling ceremony (that's why the Beatles never got a star)--not likely to be a huge problem with these boys.

I'm sure Warners would put up a lot of the money, but as I said before, a family member of mine helped do this for a TV star 6 years ago. Paramount put up a few thousand and the fans helped with the rest. I really think this can happen! And I really understand all those who think charity is better. I believe in charity too, this is a side thing. It's just our way of showing them how much we love their music and to repay them for all they've done for us!

maybe instead of everyone saying how cool it is, you should probabley start thinking about how you're gonna do it, like with money and all that other crap. I mean it might be a c**l idea but can you guys actually see yourselves going through with it and it actually happening :) .....this thread :blush:

maybe instead of everyone saying how cool it is, you should probabley start thinking about how you're gonna do it, like with money and all that other crap. I mean it might be a c**l idea but can you guys actually see yourselves going through with it and it actually happening :) .....this thread :blush:

Agreed! :cool:

To raise money i think in different parts of each country there should be a couple of local bands playing (charge small entrance fee) Then we should send the money to wherever we decide to put it. There is enough of us to raise the money we need

yea this is a pretty kick ass idea. but when is it gunna be up and running

I dunno this is gunna take alot of co-operation from alot of people. Who's in?

Who was that person wanting this?

willgc?

Get it rolling dude! Contact GDA, don't wait, take action! :cool:

You have enough support, if GDA is in too, THEN we can start for real :D

Who was that person wanting this?

willgc?

Get it rolling dude! Contact GDA, don't wait, take action! :cool:

You have enough support, if GDA is in too, THEN we can start for real :D

Hang on people..... i'll email them now!

Well the email has gone... other people should email in to, to show just how many of us want this.

You can count me in! I'll give money definately! They deserve it!

I think they'll see how many want this when they read this...

Dude you're like.... god!

This is an awesome idea

Definitely count me in cause its just like... Ingenious

This is a great idea. Count me in!

Woo hoo! I think i'll contact some of the other green day sites to see if they want in!

Archived