I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't the people getting the star have to pay like $2,000? I mean that's nothing to them...but yeah I heard that somewhere.

Wow...willgc, I live like 30 minutes away from you. Weeeird.

this IS charity :rolleyes: :wink:

YES!! if we don't GET THEM this STAR then they'll DIE :o and it will be the END OF THE WORLD :o and our lives will have NO MEANING!! :o

Hey you're right this is "CHARITY" :thumbsup:

This is a very good idea. You just need to find someone with the money and patience to do this. You'll need to start an organization with a website where you can donate money. The people behind that website need to work on getting ti approved, and if it does get approved im sure everyone on here will donate something and will also help advertise the website and encourage others to donate. All the GDC members who are on the Idiot Clun can advertise there, and I'm sure a lot of Green Day sites would advertise it also. In five years i definetly think it could happen. A few people just need to be really dedicated to this and keep up with it and be willing to pay for the website and actually DO this. That's the hard part.

I love the idea but i doubt my parents would let me pay anything towards it. I think thats gunna be your biggest problem because loads of people will want Green day to get the star but aren't either willing or able to pay some towards it.

that's a fucking awesome idea! green day should definentily have a star on the walk of fame. i'll do anything to help, if i can. :):):)

okay I`m going to be controversial and suggest that a better tribute to the band would be to put that $15,000 towards helping struggling bands or venues where up and coming bands play.

my view is that if a band has had a huge impact on music and are to be paid tribute to by having their names put into a sidewalk then it should be done by the music industry rather than the fans being expected to pay for it.

Green Day already have their names in the history books and arent liable to be forgotten by the majority of fans very quickly any way.

I just think paying that amount of money for a star that people can walk on would be better spent, and more representative of the kind of things the band stand for by being invested in either new bands or a venue or something.

Amazing Idea, they would be one of the few and in my opinion the greatest to represent all thet is known to the world of punk rock

It's a great idea!

But I also agree with what netty said... :/

IF this is really going to happen.. you can count me in anyway :thumbsup:

I just think paying that amount of money for a star that people can walk on would be better spent, and more representative of the kind of things the band stand for by being invested in either new bands or a venue or something.

agreed

Then those 'hardcore' people can say " Look what sellouts they are, they're on the Walk Of Fame. "

ug, thats true.

but they do deserve it and it would be awesome

Come on, $15000 for a star for them? No way, a complete waste of money. It would do nothing to make them more famous, they don't need it. I love Green Day, but I'm not going to go to the point of sorta spending money on them. They know how much we appreciate them. I mean, $15000! We could send all the moderators on holiday for that (blatent attempt at flattery here). Or.... just spend it on the site or something. Or give it to charity.

I'm sooo joining this :woot: I'll give some money if I have any, and if I don't, I'll just cheer on you guys :eyebrows:

When it's time for their new cd to come out, Warner's will be looking for publicity for them and they would probably donate most or all of the money to the fansite who nominates them. If you get it started, they will pay.

Archived