This day in Green Day History

djrossstar

12 years ago on this day-

Dookie was released!

I remember buying Dookie, Kerplunk and 1,039 Smoothed Slappy Hours all in the same day on CASETTE TAPE!

--dj rossstar

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 years ago on this day-

Dookie was released!

I remember buying Dookie, Kerplunk and 1,039 Smoothed Slappy Hours all in the same day on CASETTE TAPE!

--dj rossstar

That is so awesome! I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding... :)

12 years ago I was 5 and I was looking through my dad's cd drawer and found one with cartoons all over it, with the words Dookie on the bottom. but then I put it away and didnt see it until 10 years later :(

And 12 years ago, I was one year old and had no idea what I had before me.

Or that Green Day was going to rule the world with their music. ;)

12 years ago I was 5 and I was looking through my dad's cd drawer and found one with cartoons all over it, with the words Dookie on the bottom. but then I put it away and didnt see it until 10 years later :(

That made me smile, thats so funny, and cute.

that means 12 years ago, sometime this week, I bought my first Green Day CD.

I am sure I did not buy in on the release date...but I know I bought it within the week.

YAY!! What a milestone! :)

I heard Longview on the radio a few weeks after the album came out and went and bought the cd. I was 21. Damn, I feel old now -- I was probably wearing a flannel shirt and ripped jeans. :ermm: I know I had my Chuck Taylors on though. Those shoes and that cd are timeless classics. Unlike flannel.

10 years ago i was 14 and didnt really have a life.... oh wait i still dont so no change there then.

but yeah i remember dookie coming out too.

That made me smile, thats so funny, and cute.

meh :dry: I could have been one of those kids that actually could say I was a fan since age 5 but oh no I just had to have that short attention span :sleep:

This thread is totally depressing. Twelve years ago I was 16, and I totally remember buying Dookie at Music Plus. They don't even have Music Plus anymore!

This became a "12 years ago" thread :)

Ow well, 12 years ago I was 7. I didn't had my own music taste. I only watched disney movies and listened to some childrens music. The rest of the music were my parents' and the radio.

Ow I wish I new Green Day 12 years ago. I would be such a rebel :eyebrows:

10 years ago i had just learned the Barney theme song.

:laugh: :laugh: I love that purple dinosaur. Although, I like watching his head get shot off. :rolleyes:

Green Day History - I love it!

Hey, Billie Joe sometime last year pinpointed the day they played their first gig as Green Day - I think it it was 88/89, not sure where Sweet Children ended and GD began. But he did give an exact date, which I noted down and then lost in the avalanche of GD stuff I have - anyone know?

Archived