VH1+Green Day= Ass-kissery, much?

Minna

I was just watching VH1 when this commercial came on, I don't actually know what it was for, but it mentioned something about the Grammys and Driven: Green Day and Behind the Music LL Cool J. Anyway, through the whole thing, they played parts of Stuck with Me, WMUWSE, and 86. I sense some ass kissery, eh? Those were the only songs on the commercial.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day is in like EV. ER. Y. thing these days. I hear their msuic as the background in almost every show. Especially VH1 :ermm:

Green Day is in like EV. ER. Y. thing these days. I hear their msuic as the background in almost every show. Especially VH1 :ermm:

Yeah,like the new movie thats cumming out,its disneyi think its called cars?well greenday plays in the begging

Yeah, on those Celebrity programmes all-access or whatever it's Green Day music in the background every five seconds...and not to mention I'm starting to hear some of The Network's stuff on there. :ermm:

Yeah, I always hear them in about every show on VH1 as background music, so yeah I guess there is some major ass-kissing going on.

The Network's been on shows for a long time. They were on America's Next Top Model two seasons ago.

Yeah,like the new movie thats cumming out,its disneyi think its called cars?well greenday plays in the begging

Wow, a disney movie? Seriously, what is this world coming to?

My friend one night was watching HBO, and on a commercial they played WMUWSE... and it was a lovey dovey movie too. :dry:

Maybe the bigoted assholes over at Warner are handing out Ipod's to VH1 employees too! :dry:

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Yeah, on those Celebrity programmes all-access or whatever it's Green Day music in the background every five seconds...and not to mention I'm starting to hear some of The Network's stuff on there. :ermm:

Yeah..I heard 'Joe Robot' on one of those shows awhile ago.

The station here that get's VH1 shows never used to play Green Day before. All of a sudden...they're everywhere.

It's Warner's fault for putting their music in that damn Pixar Movie. That just pisses me off right there.

It's partially about driving so we can put it in a kid's movie. That's like using BOBD everywhere just because it sounds sad.

It isn't just "these days." There's GD music in the background of a lot of VH1 shows from a few years ago that aren't even about the band. Could it be that they use the songs because it's actually... :o good music?

Or maybe VH1 made a deal with the record company. :laugh:

people just need to accept the fact that you arent the only one in the world who like green day. there are other cool fans, and the biggest band in the world will have songs on tv.

people just need to accept the fact that you arent the only one in the world who like green day. there are other cool fans, and the biggest band in the world will have songs on tv.

Yeah. I think we only notice the Green Day because we're fans and we know it's Green day. But all the othermusic they play we don't know it so we don't care.

well out of the 3 channels...mtv.fuse.and vhi... vhi is the elast popular so its probably a good idea they show lots of a very popular band...haha

Other artists get their songs played a lot more than Green Day.. you don't notice it because you just pay attention to how Green Day is getting overplayed and such.

yea i agree it's pretty lame

Why is it lame? It's Green Day's music. Being played in the background of a show doesn't mean they've "sold out" or any crap like that. Shows like Best Week ever used to use a lot of bits from Gorillaz' first album...and I would hardly call that mainstream.

Thank you!! I always want to say that...not sure why I never have!

The Network's been on shows for a long time. They were on America's Next Top Model two seasons ago.

seriously??

Doing what? I watched that season...or maybe not!

Archived