green day songs/lyrics you dont understand

rockchick86

i did a search and nothing came up.

ok well here are a couple of greeen day songs i don't understand:

no-one knows

hitchin a ride

only of you

those are all i can think of right now but i think there are a couple of gd lyrics i don't understand if i can think of them

*thinks*

ok i remeber 2:

one light one mind flashing in the dark blinded by the silence of 100 broken hearts

and most of jos! :P

what about you?

Are you saying you don't understand what the song is about? Or you can't make out the words?

both but usually i don't know what the song is about!

This has been done!

prove it!

no-one knows -- worrying about the future and about taking on adult responsibilities

hitchin a ride -- having a drinking problem; "off the wagon" means you started drinking again after having tried to quit

only of you -- love song about unrequited love

this is about the song meaning and stuff

i know that's why i pointed out "just for lyrics though".

one light, one mind, flashing in the dark, blinded by the silence of 1000 broken hearts -- each individual has the ability to create change and think for themselves, even though the struggles and sadness of everyone can seem overwhelming

and most of jos! -- jos is about growing up in dysfunctional circumstances but trying to make one's way amid the bullshit

Some of the gd songs i dont understand because of the words but i search for them in the inet and there are translation for them in german so its easy to understand. :)

I don't really understand F.O.D., Deadbeat Holiday and Are We The Waiting. With AWTW I understand what's going on in the story at this point, but it's just 4 minutes of meaningless lyrics as far as I can tell.

I have no clue what Longview is about. My mommy said it was about being a naughty little girl and being lazy... but I'm not so sure.

Also, what is American Idiot about? I heard it's about the Russian space program during the Cold War.

Archived