Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Die Toten Hosen

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 837 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

Oh i remembered that they kicked ass on Rock Am Ring 2012. They were great, but the best was 10 Kleine Jagermeister!

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • dogs were whistling a new tune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,354 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,426 rep

Sam them yesterday and oh my god. It was so amazing! It was the first time I saw them live and I was blown away.

3 supporting bands (The Computers, Anti-Flag and the Broilers) and they all rocked our socks away. Then around 9pm (6h after arriving there) Die Toten Hosen finally came on and played a fucking breathtaking show!

Open-Air, warm air, low beautiful sun and 50,000 people, fuck yeah!

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Das ist doch nicht für Menschen.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,862 rep

This is the video of the new single "Das ist der Moment". (in my opinion an awesome choice) I really like the video too :)

And I gonna see them again at Rock am See this year :yay:

• Samoco and WalkingContradictionPL like this

Samoco

Samoco
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2009
  • 60 rep

This is the video of the new single "Das ist der Moment". (in my opinion an awesome choice) I really like the video too :)

And I gonna see them again at Rock am See this year :yay:

Thanks, the video is great, I really like it. To be honest I'm not that happy with their choices of the singles. I mean I really like the songs but I think "Tage wie diese", "Altes Fieber" and "Das ist der Moment" are too alike. I would have loved to see "Traurig einen Sommer lang" or maybe "Europa" as a single. Of course they choose the songs which are most likely to be played on the radio.

I'm gonna see them again in Mannheim later this year :)

Edited by Samoco, 24 July 2013 - 10:57 AM.

• WalkingContradictionPL, CarpetDietVictim and DTH like this

WalkingContradictionPL

WalkingContradictionPL
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2010
  • 1,121 rep

Thanks, the video is great, I really like it. To be honest I'm not that happy with their choices of the singles. I mean I really like the songs but I think "Tage wie diese", "Altes Fieber" and "Das ist der Moment" are too alike. I would have loved to see "Traurig einen Sommer lang" or maybe "Europa" as a single. Of course they choose the songs which are most likely to be played on the radio.

This. I also would prefer "Traurig einen Sommer lang" was a single. I love this song, but "Das is der Moment" is also good imo. And again, Green Day should learn from DTH how to make a good video.

Lucky you, I still hope that some day they will come to Poland again and all my dreams will come true to see my fav bands live.

CarpetDietVictim

CarpetDietVictim
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined Mar 21, 2012
  • 9 rep

I'm gonna see them again in Mannheim later this year :)

Yes, "Traurig einen Sommer lang" or maybe "Ballast der Republik" would have been cool. But for example "Altes Fieber" was one of my favourite songs on "Ballast der Republik" and now they play it on the radio every day. Sure it´s cool to hear die Hosen on the Radio, but not that often with the same song. Because  I think, in this case nobody is listening to the message they want to show with the song...

I saw them live in Schweinfurt and it was awesome!!!!

I love them so much! :wub:

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 486 rep

so two days ago they played the best set since years.

Intro (Blitzkrieg Bop)
Strom
Modestadt Düsseldorf
Altes Fieber
Auswärtsspiel
Halbstark
Das ist der Moment
Heute hier, morgen dort
Bonnie & Clyde
Ein guter Tag zum Fliegen
Alles wird gut
Glückspiraten
Schade, wie kann das passieren?
1000 gute Gründe
Pushed again
Schrei nach Liebe
Verschwende deine Zeit
Call of the wild
Hier kommt Alex
Wünsch DIR was
Tage wie diese
---
Wir sind bereit
Liebesspieler
Mehr davon
---
Achterbahn
Zwei Drittel Liebe
Far far away
Bis zum bitteren Ende
---
Reisefieber
Vogelfrei
Freunde
You'll never walk alone

and i was there :)

some videos i found on youtube from that gig:

i guess nearly everyone attending this club show was hoping they change their boring stadium setlist and play some older and rare stuff as well. and it actually happened, so the atmosphere (without all those tage wie diese posers that tend to show up on their big shows lately) was intense! even though the heat was so exhausting everyone was going crazy the whole time.

edit: they played this spontaneously after the whole crowd shouted "achterbahn" when they came back on stage after a short break. they didnt practice it lately so campino fucked up, but nevertheless that was one of the best moments of that show:

• Samoco and CarpetDietVictim like this

sm326

sm326
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined Aug 16, 2013
  • 0 rep

didn't realize they've been around that long

DecanoLP

DecanoLP
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 682 rep

The Huxleys gig must have been amazing, I'm so jealous. Their stadium gigs suck so much :/

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 486 rep

hosen feat. billy talent ;)

Samoco

Samoco
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2009
  • 60 rep

Some time ago I wrote that I will see them in Mannheim and this concert was last Saturday. It was my 3rd time I saw them (1st time in Hockenheim 2009, 2nd time in Mannheim 2012) and I think this was the best so far. This time it was an open air show and there were 37,000 people. They had three excellent supporting acts (Disco Ensemble, The Living End, Frank Turner) and it was more like a festival than a normal concert. The setlist was good in my opinion, they played some song I hadn't seen live before. I really loved their cover of Far Far Away. And I loved that they played the first encore in the middle of the crowd on a small stage. It was near were I stand :D

Now I guess it will take a long time until I'll see them again, the tour is almost over and no one knows when they will tour again :(

Nemo.

Nemo.

• 6,116 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,862 rep

http://www.greendayc...ts-the-strypes/

review from yesterday. They played Helden und Diebe, Call of the Wild, Liebesspieler, Alles wird gut, Achterbahn and Wir sind bereit. It's just incredible :wub:

• WalkingContradictionPL likes this

Nemo.

Nemo.

• 6,116 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,862 rep

http://www.zdf.de/ZD...en-im-Interview

an awesome and 121 minutes long interview with DTH... unfortunately it's in german :(

• WalkingContradictionPL likes this

WalkingContradictionPL

WalkingContradictionPL
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2010
  • 1,121 rep

http://www.zdf.de/ZD...en-im-Interview

an awesome and 121 minutes long interview with DTH... unfortunately it's in german :(

That's not a problem ;) Thanks for sharing! I know what I will watch on Friday evening.

WalkingContradictionPL

WalkingContradictionPL
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2010
  • 1,121 rep

http://www.dietotenh...us-das-ist-drin

:runaround: New live album! It will be released on 22th November.

No matter how much it will cost in Poland, I must get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users