Idiot Club Forum

Fuzz

I'm just kinda hoping it doesn't end up being a waste since they don't really have much planned this year. We might get little things about the new album, but nothing really exciting. So I wouldn't join right away unless you want to see the video clips.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no new mods are being taken on at the mo. I could maybe appoint people now but I`m not sure. we were granted new powers the other night although I still dont have a clue what more I can actually do. never taken that much notice of the admin control panel as I dont see it as my job as a mod. I dont have the right to mess around with things like that.

but if things stay as they are right now with regard to lack of support, then maybe I`ll stick my neck right out and do it.

anybody that is chosen to be a mod has to be people who are known to the current team, have experience or at least the kind of attitude that makes a good mod.

but at the moment, no new ones are being looked for. sorry matey.

I know Green Day is rich, but if they told me to give them $100, I would. Dont ask why cause i'm not really sure. I'm just willing to follow anything they say without questioning. They make me do bad things.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

I know Green Day is rich, but if they told me to give them $100, I would. Dont ask why cause i'm not really sure. I'm just willing to follow anything they say without questioning. They make me do bad things.

That sounds dirty. :eyebrows:

anybody that is chosen to be a mod has to be people who are known to the current team, have experience or at least the kind of attitude that makes a good mod.

i'd offer my help but i dont fit any of those standards. Plus, i'd probably get fed up that I dont have the control there as I do here. People know who i am here, that gives me alot of room to tell people off and not get bitched at. I know if i tried half the stuff i do here on any other forum, i'd get banned.

yeah it would be worth joining because of band stuff, those clips and news, but there is always someone nice enough to post it on some other forum. i don't know

In many ways I wish that they would of made the forum open to everyone even people who didn't pay. Maybe then it wouldn't be so bad.

i'd offer my help but i dont fit any of those standards. Plus, i'd probably get fed up that I dont have the control there as I do here. People know who i am here, that gives me alot of room to tell people off and not get bitched at. I know if i tried half the stuff i do here on any other forum, i'd get banned.

nobody has been banned yet. well people have had access to the forums removed after parents found out the kind of crap that goes on on there but not for posting the crap on there in the first place.

have you seen Larsvan-thingies sig? haha I posted that pic. ooohh let me find it. still have it on my photobucket account. back in a tick.

In many ways I wish that they would of made the forum open to everyone even people who didn't pay. Maybe then it wouldn't be so bad.

it would be WAY worst. Lets think back to GreenDay.net forum, BAD!

GreenDay.com gets like 3 times more users than GDA does, i can only imagine the amount of people that would flood the place.

wouldnt I just love to hit that thing at times! and not just for Lars. I`ve come across way worse than him on there.

lars2.jpg

Guest n1i0m3r9od

they make me do that too. but thats a whole other thread.

I'd like to see that thread. :)

wouldnt we all?

Yea, but I'd pay more then ANYONE. haha

it would be WAY worst. Lets think back to GreenDay.net forum, BAD!

GreenDay.com gets like 3 times more users than GDA does, i can only imagine the amount of people that would flood the place.

Yeah, I guess your right I forgot about greenday.net

wouldnt I just love to hit that thing at times! and not just for Lars. I`ve come across way worse than him on there.

lars2.jpg

:laugh: yeah i came across that person more than a few times when reading that "Brokeback Mountain is going to win just because it's a gay movie" thread.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

Who the hell would think Broke back mountain is going to win just because it's a gay movie ?

And holy shit, -190 karma ?

haha

Yeah, its definately worth it for me because of the videos. Even thought they haven't had a monthly Q&A since like..November. :ermm:

Who the hell would think Broke back mountain is going to win just because it's a gay movie ?

And holy shit, -190 karma ?

haha

there are people with worse karma than that. but then some go for the karma and in fac beg for it. and some beg for smites. its like the whole obsession with post counts. hence the amount of spamming on there and the game threads.

like I said, I only have to log on and my karma quite often goes down. think I have 459 at the mo. it was about 468 yesterday. most have been "mean" to somebody and moved a thread or something.

not been threatened with legal action for a while though which is a huge relief. :D

Guest n1i0m3r9od

pssh yeah right.

Pshh, lets not go there

there are people with worse karma than that. but then some go for the karma and in fac beg for it. and some beg for smites. its like the whole obsession with post counts. hence the amount of spamming on there and the game threads.

like I said, I only have to log on and my karma quite often goes down. think I have 459 at the mo. it was about 468 yesterday. most have been "mean" to somebody and moved a thread or something.

not been threatened with legal action for a while though which is a huge relief. :D

And holy shit, LEGAL ACTION ?

Are you serious ? That's funny.

I haven't been there so I don't know what it's like. The way things are here is not by accident tho. Andres and the other mods and admins put a lot of effort into setting a tone and not letting the place descend into stupidity.

And then members pick up on the tone and help to enforce it. Maybe it's too big over there or too new, but these things don't happen by accident, it takes work to make a forum decent.

well that place is only 4 months old. I kept giving the analogy of a baby having to learn ot crawl before it walked when we had bandwidth problems.. the same still applies.

and yes, I was threatened with legal action. the things that you get thrown at you when you take on this kid of position is unbelievable at times.

its a wonder my jaw hasnt been shattered from some of the insults I`ve had sent to me or posted at me. Andres no doubt knows what I mean.

damned good job I dont have a glass jaw! :P

Yeah some of the stuff is very harsh and I know exactly what you mean. Around the time I started "cracking the whip" here I got some of the worst things said to me i've ever heard in my life. It was really amazing, like i didn't know people were capable of being so harsh.

The irony is that most of those people are now very much so for equality and we should be nice to new members. Oh how people change.

Archived