Idiot Club Forum

Fuzz

I don't really mind the 10 year olds if they have some maturity and half of a brain. we went from like 7,000 members to 9,000 members in a week because GDA won best fan site in Tiger Beat. Pretty soon, if we didn't have the rules in place, this would be like the properly titled Idiot Forum. When i first came here, most of GDA was alot older than me, so I posted with some thought. Not "OMGZZZZZZZ BillY JoEL IS SO HAWT!"

GDA won best fan site in Tiger Beat? When?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a member since last September but I have about 20 posts only there on that forum because I have nothing to say, pretty much. There's a lot of stupid threads, nothing really interesting.

And I'm sorry to say that, but mods are rather rude too, especially to new people. I once answered a question someone asked and I got flamed just because a mod misunderstood what I said. And people complain about threads and mods we have here :rolleyes:

Me too,

I was a member long before I even knew there was a forum. And a fan LONG before I even knew about GDA. and I also HATE the word "newbie" does it not drive you crazy?!? just the way it sounds new-bie. I hate it.

Besides. does it even matter how long we've fans?

And exactly how long do you have to be a fan to were you can get that dredful word of of your back?

I joined in September. I have 0 posts in there. I can't stand the forum. It's like a teenie clique central. Everytime I go over there, I look at the subject titles and change my mind. There's a little club for everything. I find it really disturbing.

it's 20 bucks so i never joined, but basicaly all the other GD forums are just bunch of teenies asking who would you rather have sex with, BJ or Tre. this one owns :woot:

Me too,

I was a member long before I even knew there was a forum. And a fan LONG before I even knew about GDA. and I also HATE the word "newbie" does it not drive you crazy?!? just the way it sounds new-bie. I hate it.

And exactly how long do you have to be a fan to were you can get that dredful word of of your back?

when you dont complain about it and act completely immature and stupid

aw not mod bashing on here as well???

and yeah... we have lots of younger members on there. sometimes are worse than others for the age range on, the same as any other forum. some of the older members are as bad as the younger ones though. typical forum really, there are just so many newer fans on there and well yeah.

I only need to log on to get either smited or get abuse of people.

moderating is such a fun fun job! :rolleyes:

Why do they scare you? I've had my issues with mods/admins, don't get me wrong, but some are really nice. Hence Met-Fan,Tyke, and Andres.

*cough* Courtney *cough*

Actually I think the age difference is kinda neat. After Iv'e thaught about it. It's good that such drastic age differences have somthing in commin. As long as the really young fans are actually fans.

GDA won best fan site in Tiger Beat? When?

We didn't.

Me too,

When you're called a n00b it's because you're new here. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan. Some people have been fans for much longer than me, I still call them n00bs.

there isn't free merch. they have contests and stuff to give stuff away.

oh, i heard you did, i guess there's no point then.

Me too,

I was talking about being a newbie to the forum, not to Green Day :wink:

Actually I think the age difference is kinda neat. After Iv'e thaught about it. It's good that such drastic age differences have somthing in commin. As long as the really young fans are actually fans.

Age isn't the problem. We've had some 12 and 13 years olds join this forum who were brighter than most of the people older than them. It's just the MAJORITY of 12 and 13 year olds and what they feel the need to post.

In the forum there were 500 pages in one thread which had nothing to do with the topic. I mean, yeah I've been told I'm a nazi when it comes to spam. But if spam ever gets to that point here I may as well just jump off my balcony.

We didn't.

Thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything here. :P

Nice LOGO in your avatar, btw. :thumbsup:

moderating is such a fun fun job! :rolleyes:

Just curious, since that site is official and all, how did you get that gig?

when you dont complain about it and act completely immature and stupid

You, are a wonderful person. :whistling:

Age isn't the problem. We've had some 12 and 13 years olds join this forum who were brighter than most of the people older than them. It's just the MAJORITY of 12 and 13 year olds and what they feel the need to post.

In the forum there were 500 pages in one thread which had nothing to do with the topic. I mean, yeah I've been told I'm a nazi when it comes to spam. But if spam ever gets to that point here I may as well just jump off my balcony.

i dont like balconies.. i dont trust them

you have the advantage of being an admin Andres on here. the same as I do on the Uk forums. on the idiot club forums though we have three active mods. three! and thats it. Stanley goes on from time to time but only occasionally posts and has never moved anything to my knowledge. its not his sort of thing.

mods are only as good as their range of powers, the support they have from those who can clamp down on things.. and at the end of the day, if the members want to say fuck you to a mod, theres not that much we can do. we cant ban people. we can only close so many threads. yeah we do the main ones. the ones where the fights break out, where people start posting offensive crap.

so the mods can't be that strict then, just like to bite peoples heads off for fun? :blink:

Does anyone know how old the majority of the mods are about on there?

Just curious, since that site is official and all, how did you get that gig?

I was asked by Staff to help out.

next time somebody shoot me before I say yes to shit like that!

Thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything here. :P

Nice LOGO in your avatar, btw. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I wish it was ours to use. But it's the logo to some rock band in the UK, so i just 'borrowed' the logo and changed the words. The guy who made it is going to enter our logo competition. He gave me a portfolio of all his work in case we wanted to hire him for anything else (thats where i found my avatar), and he's damned good. I think we'll offer him money for our t-shirt design in a couple months.

I looooooooooooooooove this forum :) I have been in other green day forums and this one really owns......

and about the idiot club forum, thanx god you open this thread Andres, 'cause I was considering to pay the 20 dollars to be part of it.

Archived