Green Day Albums/History - A Permanent Resource

justcause

I've had the idea for a while that we should have some kind of permanent resource on Green Day's albums, movies, and history generally. I'm thinking of something that could be quite simple to start off with, and be further developed if desired as time goes by. It would simply bring together information that already exists all over the site.

For any album, you would have :-

- a brief description of how it came together, maybe reviews it got

- some photos of the era

- links to videos

- articles or links to articles.

- fan memories/ comments.

It would be there in a simple form to be added to as people found anything new or interesting to continue. I imagine it would have to be overseen and edited from time to time. If it were to happen, I volunteer straight away for Insomniac!

I also figure a decent version of Green Day's story, covering their Gilman Street years, etc., should be available.

I think these resources would be great for established fans to refer to and contribute to, and it could be the first place you send the 'noobs' to educate themselves!

Ok - what does anyone think of this?

cool, i can help alot

the first era i live is the american idiot era, but i have memories of the warning era too :thumbsup:

awsome just cause,

I love that, I think i can help with the dookie era,

Ive kinda tried to become an expert on itlol

I wish we had a past tour date list. Starting from way back when up til now, that way we could get a count on almost every show they've done. You have a great idea as well.

do you mean like.. sections on the site?

That would be for Admin to say - I wasn't sure whether I should approach from that angle first, or whether it would be worth considering at all if there wasn't sufficient interest, so I just posted the idea.

At its simplest level, it could exist as a thread - the first post could contain an introduction and the bulk of the information, then people could add to it in later posts. It would still need editing, though.

oh god, arent you that person who was wondering "what blvd of broken dreams means to us" or something?

I'm happy to help. I enjoy writing alot so I wouldn't mind writing about their history, or anything like that, as long as I have the facts. But I think its a nice idea.

cool, when we can start this idea?

Well, there hasn't been exactly what you'd call a huge response! :)

Archived