Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My mom pretty much listens to anything except heavy metal. When she saw a picture of Green Day that I was looking at she kept telling me how 'good-looking' they all were. :lol:

When I listen to their CDs she likes listening along. (:

My dad?... Well he likes country and older rock music. He doesn't like Green Day whatsoever since he, um, saw a rather explicit video of Billie... doing stuff on stage. :lol:

He tells me that they're all a bunch of 'rotten-punk-freaks', and THAT'S when I start blasting their songs.

Well, my mom says she used to be into the music I like now, but not so much anymore. She says she likes a little Green Day though. My dad claims to not like Green Day, but he will listen to it with me without complaints, so think thats more of an act. Otherwise, we share some music interests or favorite bands but I wouldn't go as far to say we like the same music.

My dad loves old classic rock, like The Byrds and The Eagles. Although I have heard him listening to some metal, like System of a Down :P And I don't know what kind of music my mom likes :dry: But she does enjoy Bon Jovi. Oh, and she likes a certain style of Green Day :D Like Peacemaker and Misery ;) It's also funny that everytime Green Day comes on the radio, she comes downstairs to my room and tells me they're on the radio :P

Haha, my mother likes BJ's voice, but she doesn't like the band since I showed her the old video in which Billie Joe kicked a guy during a concert ^^"

Mom and Dad both love Green Day. Dad ruined my first Green Day concert by getting really drunk and playing air guitar beside me.

My mother's liked Green Day since I was born, so did my dad... at least that's what I heard about him *shrug*

Even though my mother has liked them for that long, she's never seen them live. I invited her to the Wembley show, but she turned it down.. Oh well!

My dad likes them, and his music taste is great. He's into stuff like R.E.M, Talking Heads, Bad Brains, The Clash and a whole bunch of others. He always brags to his friends that he's the only parent who likes his kids' music because me & my brother listen to the stuff he likes.

But yeah, he likes Green Day. He always mentions how the musical always gets excellent reviews and stuff and he was pretty shocked when ai told him I didn't have any interest in it. :lol: And he always makes it a point to say how they aren't sellouts, and all that fun stuff.

My mom likes oldies, but she's gotten into Green Day :lol: She just doesn't like the swear words :P

My mum is pretty okay with GD :D she likes listening along in the car or something, only some songs she finds "too loud" XD My dad usually doesn't say more then "it's not bad".

My mom likes 4 Green Day songs, nothing more.

The only music I share with my dad is Pink Floyd. He hates Green Day, although he does sing along 21 Guns when it comes in the radio...

My parents are...indifferent about Green Day. xD My mom said she thinks they're the best band to come out of the 90's, but she thinks the 90's completely sucked, so I guess that doesn't say much. hahaha. I was supposed to go to Green Day's show in Detroit this summer for my 16th birthday, but my mom doesn't like Green Day enough to drive 7 hours to a concert. So apparently I'm waiting until the next tour. I've never seen Green Day live (my favorite band!), but she's seen her favorite band, The Who, 8 times. I definitely wish she liked GD more. =/

My mum doesn't mind them but my dad hates them!!! He will learn... :wacko:

my parents don't listen to anything but country and I hate it, but my aunt she is cool. actually she is the one

that got me in to listening to Green Day when I was little.

No, my mum likes pop music, she listened to pop groups when she was a teenager like The Osmond's and now listens to West life. My Dad listens to Queen, David Bowie & Elton John. I listen to old rock music from before I was born, it was wasted on my parents.

I am a parent now and my 8 year old loves Green Day. She is always stealing my cds, I say to her be carefull with that cd, I have had it longer than I have had you!

My dad has told me that The Specials were his favourite band at one point, now he's into jazz-ish stuff.

Mum was into punk/alternative stuff in her young days. I think dad was too, to a point. He's not too much of a fan anymore, but he's told me a few times of seeing the sex pistols and his experience of getting spat on in the face by John Lydon haha.

They both like stuff like the Fleetfoxes and Mumford and Sons now days.

As for Green Days, well mum isn't against them in any way but she shows no signs of loving them if you know what I mean. Dad is the same, though from time to time he will make comments about their music, all positive thank god :)

my mom didn't know that they still existed when she found out i started liking them! then one night i went to this after party for the parents after my school party and green day just happened to be on the TV and some of the parents started to sing along. that was very awkward. so now i think she likes them.

My mom took me to a Green Day concert, she bought pit tickets, and she asked me when they were coming back.

I think she likes them. xD

They have to like and hate them.

Hate them cause I listen to them so much on full blast.

Like them because they have to deal with them so much.

My mom thinks I'm irresponsible for spending 269 on a pit ticket to the Mass show.

I know all of you on here disagree.

My Dad was the one who got me into Green Day...and Mum was the one who introduced Dad.

When I was like four years old he had a copy of International Superhits in the car and whenever we went for a drive he'd put it on. I found the cd about two years ago and that's when I really got into GD.

My best memories of being little were me and Dad singing Maria and Good Riddance together in the car :happy:

So yeah, my parents do like GD

if i was someone who went to high school with my mom, i would want to be friends with her.

she seemed like a pretty cool chick back then.

:pinch:

she was into bon jovi, poison, duran duran, ozzy ozbourne, etc.

she also had her own band, silk champagne. (i guess it was the name of her lipstick at the time)

she played bass guitar.

she was fucking awesome.

here's a picture from her junior year in high school:

img020.jpg

she went to a catholic school.

she'd shit her pants if she knew i told you all that though, so let's keep it a secret.

:lol:

My mum Love Elvis but she likes Green Day too and my dad well he thinks Green Day is only noise my sis think the same she likes HipHop and old disco :bunny:

My parents doesn't listen to just one genre or artist. They just listen to the radom music on the radio, and of course tend to love the songs I hate the most.

They pretty much just make fun of the music I hear, saying that there is no melody, and all they do is scream and yell. Although the only band we agree on is Green Day. They like Billie's voice and some of the music. But still the Green Day songs I dislike the most, are their favorite.

I gues you can't agree on everything.

My mum and dad love Green Day. My mum went to see them the last two Glasgow shows, but got seating tickets as she thought that was more suited to her!

My dad's taste in music varies from metal to like reggie! Strange.

Archived